Install Q

jbranum

Baseband Member
I am trying to install WOW expansion, the disc 4 of 4 won't work. The disc is ruined from what I can tell and its my fault, I admit. The problem is, without it, I can't seem to install the full program and thus can't play on my account. I had a friend make an iso copy, using MagicISO, of the 4th cd, send it to me via AIM and then I mounted and burned the disc using Alcohol 120%. The disc didnt work as my disc 4 and I'm confused as to why.

Anyhelp would be great, AIM is the best way if you know why ;)

I'd reccomend just using his disc 4. If the disc is ruined, then you either have to use his, or buy a new set. I don't know if a cd fixer would repair it. How bad is it?

bad enough the cd-fixer didnt work, twice. And my friend lives in Virginia, so that won't work, because I live in Fort Worth Tx.

Blizzard Tech support, will probally help you out.

They can probally link you to a downloadable Install/or possible Image to burn.

Since you bought the game and have a legit key, i am sure they can help you out of this bind.

Have you tried to use other Vitual drive programs such as PowerISO?

does it mount the image?

can you open the image and look inside the image via windows explorer?

jbranum said:
I am trying to install WOW expansion, the disc 4 of 4 won't work. The disc is ruined from what I can tell and its my fault, I admit. The problem is, without it, I can't seem to install the full program and thus can't play on my account. I had a friend make an iso copy, using MagicISO, of the 4th cd, send it to me via AIM and then I mounted and burned the disc using Alcohol 120%. The disc didnt work as my disc 4 and I'm confused as to why.

Anyhelp would be great, AIM is the best way if you know why ;)

Just have you're friend burn another copy of of disc 4, only make sure you have verify disc after burn is on, that way it will verify all that was burned, also try turning down the burn speed like down to 8x depending apon how much ram you have. if you have 256 or less ram, burn at 6x or less. it will take longer but at least you know you'll have a good burn.

thanks guys. Iactually found an image file online that worked perfect, but in the mean time, I had my friend try some of those options and they ended up working ;). Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom