An inquiry on rig building

jasonbourne

Baseband Member
I was thinking of building PCs for a hobby and maybe selling them on eBay or here in my town and stuff. I was wondering what places online you guys recommend for purchasing hardware and all that other good stuff? If I do end up selling a couple of rigs to people or on eBay, I'd like to be able to make some money off a newly built rig. I do however have to admit that I've never built a PC from scratch. The most that I have done is fix or upgrade a PC.

I thought about building gaming rigs but I figured maybe the best route to go through right now is to build Well rounded rigs that can be used to do alot of tasks such as music, video, photo, graphic design or video editing.

What do you guys suggest?

I've been there and it is simply not possible to make a profit unless you are buying the parts in bulk. Believe me, the margins are so small that unless you are selling 20-30 a week, it's really not worth it.

yh ive thought of it sometimes but some of the prices that they sell for on ebay are kinda very good and sometimes i think i might buy 1 myself but then if i build it myself i get exactly what i want,

you may however be able to sell them locally

Hmmm.... I was looking at prices of hardware at different online vendors and I don't even think I can sell them locally. Price would be too high to sell it. Looks like my best bet would be to upgrade older computers that are at least 2 yrs old and then try selling them.

The thing about selling computers is people want a warranty. I sell locally(about 3 a year) and offer 1 year parts/labor. If something takes a crap I have to be prepared to spend out of pocket sometimes.

They always want a warranty ;)

Back
Top Bottom