Improving pc

Eddieboi17

Baseband Member
I want to upgrade my current PC,its about a year old or so.It is a Intel Pentium 4, 2800 MHz, with a Nvidia Geforce4 MZ 440 with AGP8X, and 512mb of ram.

I want to get the RAM up to 1024mb and improve the graphics card from a 128mb to a 256mb one but i am unsure what i should get. Any help would be great!

I don't think a Geforce 6600 GT is much more expensive, and that card is quite good, and will run games at rather high settings, compromising on resoloutions though! Plus it has won many awards

It's probably the card I'd go for now if i had money to buy one, and would definetly be better than the Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb I have on here at the moment and strangly I'm not usually a Geforce person... yet it is much better than ATI's offerings at the moment in mid range

n hehe, i uised to have a Geforce MX 400 (yes the original) before I mae the big step up! Lasted me ages!

As for your computer, it is all ready pretty good. You wouldn't notice a big difference adding another 512mb of ram I found, but the graphics card will give games a big boost trust me. Maybe update to a Athlon 64 sometime though, that'll give you more of a future proofing
Or if you wanted to get more performance later, try and get a SLI motherboard, which basically means you could add 2x geforce 6600 gt or 6800's to get much more performance on PCI Express. Though a normal AGP card would do fine for now :)

*KaGe*

I wasn';t saying anything about what you were saying. I just said the GT version might be a better offering for the latest games and more

*KaGe*

hehe sorry m8...

If you are on a budget go for the Geforce 6600 GT

For your computer, I wouldn't update it yet at all. Its good enough. That graphics card will boost it dramatically

As for memory, does your motherboard have the cabability to run in dual channel mode? (double the badwidth if you get too chipsets). What motherboard have you got? Another 512mb of ram though might be a waste for starters though. If you find you need more after getting a new graphics card (coz that geforce wil b blown away by that) ou could

*KaGe*

ok cool, well ill get that then, how much is it? and ill get another 512mb RAM card...mite need a new video card as well hhhhmmmm...i hate pcs lol

if you cant get a 6600 gt then get a 6600, but if you get a 6600gt, id get the MSI one, it rules, (what I have)

Back
Top Bottom