I'm stumped....

papethova

Baseband Member
I built this computer last year and it has worked flawlessly all these months but now I'm having a problem.

Whenever I enter a yahoo chat room the pc restarts itself. The computer works fine as long as I dont enter a yahoo chat room, I can enter AIM chat rooms but as soon as I enter a yahoo chat room my screen goes black and the pc restarts. Previously I was able to enter the yahoo chat rooms but since yesterday I have had this problem.

Ad-aware scans and NAV scans come up clean.

Any ideas??

I dont need to access these rooms, but I'd like to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance

well assuming you have windows xp, you can do this simple little thing to resolve a restart issue. try this, click start / rightclick my computer/ click the advanced tab / go to where it say's startup and recovery / click settings box / now look for where it say's automatically restart / and un-check that / hit apply.

That solves the automatic restarting issue but now I just get a blue screen with a fatal error type message which means I have to manually restart. LOL

I have tried a restore point and that didn't resolve my issue either.

I would try to clear all temp internet files and cookies, See if that helps... What is the code of the Fatal error that you get?

can you boot up to safe mode using f8 ? yeah the name of the fatal error would help.

Back
Top Bottom