I'm in search of a New Computer

NotOwning

Solid State Member
Please tell me if this is in the wrong place, or if these aren't allowed on the forums, and I'll either move it or get rid of it.

I've been deciding for a while about getting a new computer, but I've decided I really do need a new one. So, I've decided I'd like to build one from scratch rather then go and buy one from abs.com or dell.com. Im looking to spend $1700-$2100 I can go over by a little, but try to keep it in the price range. The more specific you can be on parts, the easier it will be for me so if you can give me a link to a site that sells the part your talkling about I'd greatly appreciate it!

If you have any other questions, just post them, I'll be watching this thread for a while.

Thanks in Advance

-Zach

With 2k you can definitely get a top of the line comp. I suggest an intel E6600 for the processor. You may want to get an 8800gtx gfx card, but if you don't game that much then it isn't worth it.

www.newegg.com sells pretty much everything
same with tigerdirect and zipzoomfly or ebay

if ur a gamer
buy a X1950XTX
2gigs ram
E6600 (as metioned in post before me)
buy a 500W+ PS

newegg for people in US
tigerdirect for people in Canada/US

This computer will be used for 110% gaming
$310 CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
$180 Mobo:ASUS P5WD2 Deluxe (I dont need Wi-Fi)
$620 Vid Card:GeForce 8800 GTX
$75 Power:Thermaltake 500W
$285 RAM:Kingston 2GB (2 X 1GB)
$100 OP:Windows XP Professional
$180 Sound Card:Creative X-Fi Platinum
$95 HD:Western Digital 320GB
$30 CD/DVD:pioneer Black 16X DVD
$65 Case: Apevia X-Cruiser
$100 Misc:Wires, Fan Controllers,Extra LED's,Extra Fans, etc.

So, what do you guys think? I could add more, but im not sure what else to add, So any ideas on upgrades to this comuter? Also, how should I mod this case? I dont want to have it liquid cooled, and I'm a HORRIBLE artist, so any other ways to mod a case, and maybe an explanation on how to do it would be AWSOME!

-I'd go with an asus p5w board..wifi and SLI ability is like 250, well worth the money.
-Video card is..ehhh.. If you are gonna spend 430 on it, you should either go SLI/Crossfire with a lower card and save the money, or spend the 200 bucks more and the new Nvidia 8 series cards.
-I am a fan of Thermaltake, but I really like the deal on Newegg.com right now. The Ultra X-2 Connect Modular PSU @ 550W or better I believe for 60 plus -20 on a rebate. Great deal. Plus, if you plan on overclocking later in life, I'd go with a bigger PSU.
-Ram, I don't know Patriot and haven't ever heard good or bad. But you can get 800mhz Corsair on Newegg/Tigerdirect for under 300...which is damn good. Corsair is an industry standard...but again, thats my opinion

Ive heard theres a bunch of tech isues with the p5w board, but I dont know anyone personally wh ohas it so can't say first hand.

Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I can tell the X1950XTX is Crossfire, so I'm not sure the extra 200 is really worth it, the Geforce8800 is a REALLY big card...

I'm happy with thermaltake, its always worked for me...

well i've seen some bad reviews for the board, but a lot more good

as for the card, it is crossfire...if you buy another card to match it...so for 900 bucks you could have had an 8800gtx, that would blow crossfired x1900xtx's out of the water, and saved about 200 bucks for ram or mobo.

Will the Apevia X-Cruiser be able to fit the 8800GTX Card? If I do get another case I want it to have readable meters on the front, or somwewhere on the case.

Back
Top Bottom