Im Going to need BIG help!

ThIzZpInOy

Baseband Member
Hello,Im going to need the most easy instructions you can possibly tell me!

First off i have a 320gb hard drive and what i have on it is windows xp pro, linux and windows xp home.

What i want to do is put a modified windows xp pro, windows xp modified for gaming, and linux on the same drive.

I want to have two windows xp's because ill use one for programs and such and ill be using a modified gaming windows xp for gaming so basically i just dont want ALOT of crap bogging down my gaming windows.

Please Help me with EASY instuctions for each one!

ThNx,
ThIzZpInOy

What do you mean by modified? You could easily turn down all the appearance settings before you game, as well as close any programs that you wouldn't need.

Probably an easier solution, and probably better than having 2 operating systems for different tasks, as you would have to restart to get from one, to another.

JustSmokeiT

What i mean is i want to have a windows xp (modified by me for gaming), a windows xp pro for programs, softwares, etc........ and i what to have linux for other needs All on a 320gb harddrive.

the windows xp is modified for gaming because i have tweaked it to the point that it has only 9 processes running and i remove MANY unwanted microsoft crap.

and i want to use the windows xp pro for programs and software because i dont want alot of stuff bogging down my gaming windows xp

Partitions. You'll need four of them at least (two NTFS, one Ext3 and one Linux Swap partition).

Put your first XP installation on partition one, your second XP installation on partition 2, and then your Linux installation on partition 3. GRUB will then take care of setting up the boot menu so that you can access all three. Depending on the programs you use, though, you could always attempt to simplify it and just use your modified XP installation and a Linux installation and cut out the regular XP Pro. What programs are they?

Back
Top Bottom