i'm buying a vid card

ukeitaro

Baseband Member
sup guys. i'm going to buy a vid card and my budget is around $50 or less. what would u recommend? i'm a gamer in warcraft III and medal of honor, but nothing extremely graphic intensive like doom3 or ut. i'm looking for an agp 4x/8x card with at least 64 mb of memory (but preferably a 128 or 256 mb). Thanks.

btw, what manufacturer for the video card board and for the gpu do u like, and why?

Yeah the budget is too low. Put another 0 to the end and then we are talking. :) Well u can get the 6600GT for like $150, it's a good card for that price.

kenlo said:
sup guys. i'm going to buy a vid card and my budget is around $50 or less. what would u recommend? i'm a gamer in warcraft III and medal of honor, but nothing extremely graphic intensive like doom3 or ut. i'm looking for an agp 4x/8x card with at least 64 mb of memory (but preferably a 128 or 256 mb). Thanks.

btw, what manufacturer for the video card board and for the gpu do u like, and why?

50$ will get you nothing

50 bucks won't even get you a decent card these days, let alone a card good enough for gaming. I would suggest that you save more money, then ask that question with a new amount of money replacing the 50 bucks

This video card will do you nicely if you plan on playing Warcraft III and Medal of Honor:

eVGA 128-A8-N319-LX Geforce FX5500 128MB 64-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130207#DetailSpecs

It has DVI and regular Analog RGB video connection but I recommend using DVI if your monitor supports it. I checked the system requirements and recommended requirements for both games you plan on playing, and this card will do it for sure, if not more. It's more memory than what you ask for, but the price is good. Happy playing...

TRDCorolla said:
This video card will do you nicely if you plan on playing Warcraft III and Medal of Honor:

eVGA 128-A8-N319-LX Geforce FX5500 128MB 64-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130207#DetailSpecs

It has DVI and regular Analog RGB video connection but I recommend using DVI if your monitor supports it. I checked the system requirements and recommended requirements for both games you plan on playing, and this card will do it for sure, if not more. It's more memory than what you ask for, but the price is good. Happy playing...

holy crap.. i can't believe you found that... and for just under 50 bucks... wow

thats a good buy for what you want, but i do suggest you save up your money and get a better card, you really dont know what game you might want to play next and if its out of your graphics cards hardware limits (the one you just spent all your money on) then you wont be able to play it and youll have to start saving up again not to mention the money you just wasted on the previous card. research around the place before you buy as well reading articles and reviews about hardware pays off

gmt said:
holy crap.. i can't believe you found that... and for just under 50 bucks... wow

48$ after the 10$ mail in rebate and then you have your shipping cost as well.. So, not it is not under 50$ :)

Back
Top Bottom