IE's phishing filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Do you really need this? I feel it just slows down access time to the web pages. I permanently disable this useless feature. I mean, come on. We know what websites we're going to and don't need a program that tells us it's a suspicious website.

I personally dont use it. I know the difference between a dodgy site and a good one. You have to remember tho that alot of people cant tell the difference, so they need stuff like that.

i dont use ie7 too much but when i do i dont use it i have stupid mcafee site advisor so i dont need microsoft as well

Well, I don't use IE7 but I have one on my browser it doesn't affect speed in the slighest so far as I can see. But it is a good feature, not all people who use windows are smart. The most used OS has to have features like this so people who aren't confident with computers don't fall into this trap.

AOD said:
Well, I don't use IE7 but I have one on my browser it doesn't affect speed in the slighest so far as I can see. But it is a good feature, not all people who use windows are smart. The most used OS has to have features like this so people who aren't confident with computers don't fall into this trap.
yeah i am confident in using computers but i feel more secure online when using a phising filter , also it updates to the latest phising scams

also my parents use ebay a lot and a re not as computer savvy as me so it also gives them extra piece of mind , and i have had it pop up a few times when i wasnt expecting it so it is usefull for everyone to have

It's odd because I see a difference when I have phishing filter on and off, hmmm.

Also, I hate the Time Warner RoadRUnner service in our area. Quite a few neighbors are complaining about frequent dropoffs from the cable modem. It is confirmed that we are getting Verizon FIOS in our area. FINALLY!!!!! There were crews patching up junction boxes and making final adjustments. Customer service even confirmed that we'll all be receiving notices within two weeks for the upgrade if we choose to. It's the same price as RoadRunner Extreme so we're definitely jumping on it before they cap out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom