IDE Cable plugged in drive wont open? also no display.

nieuwsma

Solid State Member
Hey everyone, so this my second build, and i pretty much went all out..

but i got 2 problems. Im running two 9800gtx in sli mode, finally got my computer built, go to turn it on, and no display on the screen. (there is power going to the screen, and gpus, all 3 power lights are on).

second problem. I hook up my disc drive, and when i just put the power cable in the green power light comes on, and the drive will open. But right when i put that fat ide cable in the drive, the green light goes off, and i cant open it.. But one thing i noticed, is that when i plug the ide cable in a blue led lights up on the outside of my case..

all help is appreciated! thanks.

Hey everyone, so this my second build, and i pretty much went all out..

but i got 2 problems. Im running two 9800gtx in sli mode, finally got my computer built, go to turn it on, and no display on the screen. (there is power going to the screen, and gpus, all 3 power lights are on).

second problem. I hook up my disc drive, and when i just put the power cable in the green power light comes on, and the drive will open. But right when i put that fat ide cable in the drive, the green light goes off, and i cant open it.. But one thing i noticed, is that when i plug the ide cable in a blue led lights up on the outside of my case..

all help is appreciated! thanks.

there's really no nice way to say this, so here it goes...installing hardware with the power on is not very smart, lots of things can happen when installing hardware with the power on, and most of them are bad...

anyway, I've always found drives (DVD drive?) to be very funny, make sure it's jumper is set properly (master or slave), you can try cable select if you want to, but I seem to always have problems when I do that so i just set it myself...

Back
Top Bottom