i7 920 or Phenom II 955 Black Edition?

Are you planning on getting an aftermarket cooler?

My scythe mugen 2 came with an 1336 socket bracket. and reviews label it as a core i7 budget cooler, idk it seems to perform pretty well for my 7750 (16.5x 3310mhz 1.562vcore @ 48C occt linpack load)

I voted AMD. The i7 systems to me is way overpriced. And I do lots of Photoshop/Dreamweaver and audio production stuff.

I've got a few months left before I can upgrade but i'm looking at Asus M4A79-T Deluxe or MSI 790FX-GD70 with a AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition.

Any one of these 'boards with the CPU will cost me £350. That to me is a bargain for the performance and together with some decent RAM should get me to 4Ghz!

OK OMFG.

A Phenom 955 Setup is basically the same price as an i7 Setup. If you really dont believe me, go to newegg and do it yourself.

Yeah I don't think everyone realizes that the I7's stuff has dropped. DDR3 ram's Price has come down, the motherboards are pretty close in price now if you get the AM3 for the 955, and the processors are the same price. I mean unless of course you opt for the I7 940 or I7 965 Then yeah they are way to over priced

Back
Top Bottom