I Overclocked my card again, screenshot

well, why don't you search on google than??

trance, necro got the name right.

the x800xl was released a couple weeks back and it is the 16 pipeline version of the regular x800.

Hi,

Thats some kewl score :D :p

Hehe, I have a Sapphire ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb, and I can get it to XT speeds using some overclocking software, yet playing some games, there is loads of artifacts, just blue dots that fill entire textures and the like... and the program keeps saying to carry on... :S

Is this something to do with cooling? or is it just the card? It does get quite warm... and can overclock it only a few mhz above stock speeds without that happening in some form...

*KaGe*

Kage said:
Hi,

Thats some kewl score :D :p

Hehe, I have a Sapphire ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb, and I can get it to XT speeds using some overclocking software, yet playing some games, there is loads of artifacts, just blue dots that fill entire textures and the like... and the program keeps saying to carry on... :S

Is this something to do with cooling? or is it just the card? It does get quite warm... and can overclock it only a few mhz above stock speeds without that happening in some form...

*KaGe*
its probally partly cooling and partly that your card just cant go that high. im not too farmiliar with ati cards so i cant tell you what a safe temp range would be.. my stock speeds are 350/1000 the higest i overclocked it was 445/1220 not stable though, and i keep it now at 420/1140 and it seems to run fine.

you might want to see if they make a nv silencer for your card, their like 25 bucks and cooled mine down 5c and waaaay quieter than stock cooling.

trance565 said:
u mean x800 XT right necro.. i havent seen an XL

why cant anyone ever get the name of the gfx card RIGHT!?!?!?

Not only that, but the XL uses a different core and is better for overclocking. It is cheaper to produce as well, being on a smaller scale. Thus, it greatly excels over the x800XT card.

Lol, i think u got ur point across!! I didn't realize how could those ati cards were!! The 6600gt is still good though!

I was actually quite curiuos on how you go about overclocking your Graphics Card. Is it dangerous to do. I dont wanna fry my Card or anything. I have a 6600GT I just wanna see how fast i can make it?

FatesEnemy said:
I was actually quite curiuos on how you go about overclocking your Graphics Card. Is it dangerous to do. I dont wanna fry my Card or anything. I have a 6600GT I just wanna see how fast i can make it?

actually its pretty simple, first you need to download coolbits 1 or 2 i used 1, and install it. once thats done you can pull up your nvidia display and new settings will be there... change your clock settings to whatever you want, first do some searching though because there is a safe limit you can go to. try google and search 6800gt overclocking, you should find tons of how to's and easy to follow step by step guides

let us know how you make out.

Back
Top Bottom