I neewHelp fast! PLEASE Im FREAKING OUT!!!

FenderG101

Baseband Member
OK I just replaced the hard drive on my computer... There is no picture coming up on the monitor And I don't think the keyboard is responsive because when pressing num lck scroll lck and caps the lights do not illuminate...what is wrong!!!

Is your monitor turning on then just going into sleep? Make sure your video card is seated properly and getting power. Another thing that has worked for me before is to unplug the power connectors that go to your motherboard. Turn on the computer for a few seconds and then turn it off. Now plug back in the power cords that plug into the motherboard. Turn the computer back on and now hopefully it will work, I hope that helps you.

Also, Just to let you know...I don't know if this could be the cause But I also added a memory stick....And I unscrewed and moved around the power supply a bit today to help me manuever around it to add the memry stick

Did you reconnect the four-pin auxiliary power port for the motherboard (square plug with four black and yellow pins)? If it is, try (just for craps and giggles) to take out the memory and see if it boots. If it does, the RAM might either be the wrong type or defective altogether. Try that, and tell me what you come up with.

I never Disconnected my mobo....but I will try with the pinns anyways....also...I did take out the memory still no luck...Man am I stressed LOL

Does the computer give a beep code or do the lights on the keyboard flash? If either of those is true, I think there would be a memory issue. But go through all the power and data connections on the inside of the computer, inc. hard drive, CD drive, motherboard, etc. If all those are connected and it still doesn't work, I am starting to think that the motherboard went bad. Go through that list and let me know if anything happens. Also look inside your computer for something out of the ordinary, like a blackened part of a component, or a damaged slot on your motherboard. The biggest thing is to check your I/O cards (PCI, etc.) for any that are sticking out. That could definitely be the problem causing a short circuit keeping it from working. Let me know if anything turns up.

Everything looks normal on the inside? No burnt parts, bent pins on drives, power plugs that won't go in?... Check all that before I decide it's the motherboard. Also, did you try to put DDR2 in a DDR board, or vice-versa? If you did, you probably just shorted out your motherboard. Check all that and let me know what turns up.

did u disconnect the hard drive led ect? (those tiny wires that light up the front of the computer) if so the computer doesnt do anything without them plugged in

Back
Top Bottom