I Need A Suggestion About Ram Or A Video Card!

niether...the celeron is one of the worst processors. save up for a better computer with an amd if you want gaming

joepic said:
niether...the celeron is one of the worst processors. save up for a better computer with an amd if you want gaming

AMD is not always a must. He can stick with Intel.

To me, this is what I'd do.

Buy a new CPU: A P4 2.4GHZ
Buy a new GPU: A 6600GT (If you have AGP)
Buy some RAM: 1GB DDR333

Do you know your motherboard model?

lhuser said:
AMD is not always a must. He can stick with Intel.
To me, this is what I'd do.

Buy a new CPU: A P4 2.4GHZ
Buy a new GPU: A 6600GT (If you have AGP)
Buy some RAM: 1GB DDR333

Do you know your motherboard model?

I have to agree with lhuser, the chipset, fsb and socket are the major factors here, with the information supplied by the original poster, all replies are conjecture at this stage.

With respect to lhuser, and hopefully to the benefit of the OP, the board will be 800mhz fsb and able to take a GS series AGP card, if in fact it is a 533 fsb board there will be a bottle neck problem with any 7xxx series card

@ OP .......... More info would be of assistance :)

NeXuS said:
depends on his needs if he wants gaming AMD is the way to go :)

At present, there is no disputing that :D

* moves back into his cave muttering quietly "Conroe and PhysX ........ mmmmmmm*

Deathstar said:
* moves back into his cave muttering quietly "Conroe and PhysX ........ mmmmmmm*
Hahaha that was funny im not a big fan boy im waiting for the conroe to come out that thing is awesome

NeXuS said:
....... im waiting for the conroe to come out that thing is awesome

It is the main reason I have stayed skt 478 and AGP, Q2-Q3 2007 is my next anticipated pc build. It will be nice to see the PhysX technology on the market by then (fingers crossed) to compliment the Conroe advances.

* wanders off dreaming of PCI-e 16x Sli 7900 series cards with a 1x PCI-e PhysX card :) *

Deathstar said:
* wanders off dreaming of PCI-e 16x Sli 7900 series cards with a 1x PCI-e PhysX card :) *
is the PhysX card gonna be separated havent heard much info about it i dream with the X1900XTX there sweeter :D

as far as I'm aware the reference has yet to be decided, hopefully we'll see both onboard and seperate cards as options.

The Ageia is already out there Link

Back
Top Bottom