I need some help

ski1215

Beta member
I registered because i need to ask people who know what they are talking about. I'm having several problems with my comp. right now. It is a Dell Inspiron 1150- new as of Sept. 04. Here are two of the most frustrating.

-I can not paste the correct information. I recently started to use Firefox/ Mozilla as my browser. I've found it loads pages faster. Anyways, the problem happens when i use IRC. I search for what I want, and click the packet number I need. IRC opens, and I click the channel I'm in to paste what i want sent to me into the text space. Nothing will paste though. It will paste something previous to what I clicked. This is very frustrating since I use IRC to download quite a bit of things. Any suggestions? I'm stumped.

-Also, I can not use my search function. It simply is blank. There is a bar with the heading that says "Search companion" I closed this probably the last time I searched, because I dont need the little dog to help me out. I just want to search. Now I closed it and I cant do a dam thing with it. Its essentially useless to me now. Nothing works in it. WTF???

Thanks for any replies in advance. I know you probably dont want to help the NOOB out.

sounds like you have some security issues on your system, are you the admin? if not log onto another account (an admin one) and see if the problems presists

Im the only one who uses this computer. Its my laptop i got for "school"

I resolved the firefox/mozilla issue. I just need to right click and get the properties of the link, and the paste command is in that. I'm still stumped about my search feature though.

Back
Top Bottom