I need some gaming help guys?

I can't get BF2 to stop crashing. I get about 10-30 seconds into the game and it crashes with 1 of 2 errors. Although I havn't seen the first one since I tried something suggested. First error I was getting was a memory_management error. I did some googling and some people suggested increasing my page file. So I increased my page file to 10000mb. Well it crashed again and gave me this error. Page_Fault_in_Non_Paged_Area. Here is the error message upon restart.

Errorpart1.png

Errorpart2.png

I'm running Catalyst's latest version 7.3 for my graphics card. Does everything look alright in the task manager? I've increased the page file so its showing in there. Should I try disabling the page file altogether? What is page file btw?

Taskmanager.png

Also since i'm here i'm going to ask a unrelated question. I was just curious if there was a way I can create a shortcut for my dial up modem on the desktop like in XP? It gets old clicking start then going to the connection everytime. Thanks guys spec's are below if you need anything else just ask.

Hmm..i'm not sure. The Page File means it puts some things into the harddrive instead of RAM, this helps free RAM. Have you tried re-installing the game?

And as for the Dial-up thing, try going to Control Panel>>Network And Sharing Center. The on the left click on "Manage Network Connections". This should bring up you're connection, right click it and click on Create Shortcut. It will say can't place one here you want one on the desktop, click Yes :)

Good Luck,

Matt

u have 2 gb of ram.........not using page file would probaly increase performance. i read that if u have a lot of ram like 2 gb, u should disable page file because u have enuff ram to do watever without help from the harddrive. disable page file. and vista isnt really bf2 friendly

............is that better of worse? and according to ur pics of task manager, do u only have 141 ram free when ur runnning the game or is it when ur not running anything but vista?

Back
Top Bottom