I need a Laptop for Writing, Internet Browsing, Music Listening, Skype and Netflix

ChrisJLowe

Beta member
Hi there!

As my title suggest I am in search of a laptop that will be used for...

- Writing (novels, short stories etc.)
- Browsing the internet (just websites like YouTube, Tumblr, Reddit, DeviantART etc.)
- Listening to music
- Calling people on Skype
- Possibly watching movies an TV shows on Netflix

The screen can be any size (the smaller the better, actually) but I would like it to have a fair pixel density. As I mentioned I would like to use set laptop for writing purposes, meaning that I want it to have a fairly okay typing program such as Microsoft Word 2013 or better. The websites that I will be browsing aren't too CPU or GPU intensive but I would like Tumblr GIFs to be able to play without lagging, and I would like YouTube videos to do the same whilst playing in HD. Regarding music listening, I'm aware that a computer doesn't require much of anything, I would just like it to be able to run iTunes. A webcam and microphone would be nice too, for Skype purposes, but only if they are HD/HQ. If that jacks up the price too much, they aren't needed. Netflix isn't required but I would like to be able to stream it in HD for relaxing days.

In terms of specifications, I would like the laptop to have at least...

- one USB 3.0 (or 2.0, I'm indifferent) port
- A built in WiFi adapter
- Speakers. They don't have to be the best, but I would like them to be decent

Regarding everything else...

- I don't care what brand
-I would like the price to be somewhere around $300.00. My specifications can be brought down to match the price, I don't care

Thank you very much! If you have any question, I would be happy to answer! :)

P.S. I live in Ontario, Canada (sorry for forgetting that)

Most modern laptops will have that sort of specs. Bluetooth build in will be the main thing you will have to look out for.

Mossiac

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom