I need help with the wiring of my Custom Rig...

Lds_Ricky

Solid State Member
The reason I ask is because I recently took everything apart...had an issue with my video. I figured since I've never dusted it in the 2 years that I've owned the computer it might be malfunction due to exactly that; the build up of dust inside the case over a two year span.

Now, since I was merely an observer at the time of my computers construction I don't specifically recall the order of the wiring...

But my question is would you guys be willing to help me? Is this even the proper section for this sort of request?

And of course I'll be willing to post more information...i.e motherboard info and other components and along with pictures...but I'd like to know first if this would even go anywhere....

Thanks for the time =]....Richie

Hell ya dude!
We'll help ya, start posting :D

I'll have it up by tomorrow more information that is ...possibly today ...

Thanks once again =]

My Specs:
-MOBO: GA-965p-S3
-CPU:E6600
-HD: Western Digital 500gb
-GPU: 8800 GTS 320mb
-RAM: 2X 1GB Patriot 6400 4-4-4
-MISC:
-Linksys Wireless G card
-2x CD Drives
-Multi card reader port
- 3X Fans (2XLED)

I've never really done something like this before…so where should I start with the wiring? I mean nothing at all is connected.

Would you guys need pictures? As you can see I'm completely lost ='[… Perhaps the most logical course of action would be dealing with one system at a time…

Here's my board….

14452898.jpg

And here's my rig…
img1259522810631.jpg

I'd appreciate it if a moderator could combine post #3 with #1 ....Thanks : /

Also if anyone likes to...they could contact me on aim @ rikii0o =]

I suppose I'll start off with the case wiring first....led...power button etc.

Sorry if any of my pictures are blurry, I don't own a camera and I'm simply using my 2.0 crap Instinct for the job....

Mobo

img1259524365095.jpg

Wires
img1259524364594.jpg

So what goes to what :S I know it's labeled but do they go vertical or horizontal ?? ...The Speaker is the only obvious one for me : /

Oh boy.... Oh boy...
Ok let's start simple.
The biggest wire (As in the most pins) It should have 20 or 24 connections. That one goes on the top right (It's that white thingy) Plug it into there. There may or may not be an extra four pins hanging off that cable that you have to plug in.
Then look at the top left of the motherboard. There is a thing with four holes. That is another power supply cable. Find a cable with four endings (There is only one) and plug it into there.
That thick red cable it seems is a SATA cable. I see it's plugged into the top of your case. If you look near the bottom of your motherboard you will see 4 purple and 2 yellow slots. Plug it into the second from the top yellow one. From your heatsink (The fan on the motherboard) there is a cable hanging from it. Take it and look around for a place to plug it in. Before plugging it in above that slot it should say CPU FAN. If it does plug it in.
Take one of those cables coming from your Power Supply, the one with the four holes (These four holes will be in a horizontal orientation), and plug it into your Hard Drive.
That's all I can really describe (Which is pretty bad anyways) just with text. Here watch this video, it'll help you. LINK BELOW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MHazsbd6ek

Oh boy.... Oh boy...
Ok let's start simple.
The biggest wire (As in the most pins) It should have 20 or 24 connections. That one goes on the top right (It's that white thingy) Plug it into there. There may or may not be an extra four pins hanging off that cable that you have to plug in.
Then look at the top left of the motherboard. There is a thing with four holes. That is another power supply cable. Find a cable with four endings (There is only one) and plug it into there.
That thick red cable it seems is a SATA cable. I see it's plugged into the top of your case. If you look near the bottom of your motherboard you will see 4 purple and 2 yellow slots. Plug it into the second from the top yellow one. From your heatsink (The fan on the motherboard) there is a cable hanging from it. Take it and look around for a place to plug it in. Before plugging it in above that slot it should say CPU FAN. If it does plug it in.
Take one of those cables coming from your Power Supply, the one with the four holes (These four holes will be in a horizontal orientation), and plug it into your Hard Drive.
That's all I can really describe (Which is pretty bad anyways) just with text. Here watch this video, it'll help you. LINK BELOW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MHazsbd6ek

The Video did help and I discovered something new ...I didn't realize the Micro SW was actually an alarm system...I can't even find this pin on the mobo...I won't even bother installing it ...doubt it was in the first place...I never heard an alarm.

The Video did help and I discovered something new ...I didn't realize the Micro SW was actually an alarm system...I can't even find this pin on the mobo...I won't even bother installing it ...doubt it was in the first place...I never heard an alarm.

Yeah just skip it it's not needed :)
You get the wiring job done yet?

Alright mate...I have everything installed/wired up...Now I'll see if it boots up in a while...

Thanks for you help...very much appreciated =]

Yeah just skip it it's not needed :)
You get the wiring job done yet?

It seems that everything BUT the HD is turning on...I'm not even hearing a beep or seeing any HD activity... : / What's wrong lol? Wrong SATA port? :3 Would it matter?

Alright mate...I have everything installed/wired up...Now I'll see if it boots up in a while...

Thanks for you help...very much appreciated =]

It seems that everything BUT the HD is turning on...I'm not even hearing a beep or seeing any HD activity... : / What's wrong lol? Wrong SATA port? :3 Would it matter?

Make sure your SATA cable is snugly fitted on both ends, and also check for the power cable. Trace it back to the main connection and the PSU. Some SATA connections easily snap out of place.

Make sure your SATA cable is snugly fitted on both ends, and also check for the power cable. Trace it back to the main connection and the PSU. Some SATA connections easily snap out of place.

I assure you they're in...the HD Sata is Yellow and it snaps in...But does it matter what slot it goes in? I've tried so many combinations : / ....what could be wrong?

Back
Top Bottom