I need help!!!!

I just took the drive out of the freezer. It was in a ziplock bag and tightly sealed, but it still has some condensation on it. What should I do? I'm afraid to plug it back in.

Nevermind, I plugged it back in and it still seems to be "stuck". It just keeps making a click about every 2 seconds. Is there anything else I can do that might make the hard drive work again besides paying someone a fortune to recover the data?

Anyone wanna help me out here? What do you think Seagate will do if I send it to them? Will they be able to recover data or fix the drive? My data is probably all still on the drive right?

well yea, the data is still there, seagate has a lifetime warranty, so they will just give you a new drive. they won't recover your data.

Borat is right. You are out of luck on your information. Sorry :(

The only thing you can really do now is send the drive back to seagate and have them send you a new one via RMA.

I don't know, they have data recovery services; I wonder if they would charge a fortune? And what's the most quiet and reliable hard drive I can buy? I'm a little skeptical of Seagate now since this happened cause this hard drive is only about 2 years old. What about Samsung and Western Digital?

WD is a very good brand, but I have always found seagate to have quality drives. Seagate also tends to have the quietest drives from my experence. I would not recommend maxtor because i'm om my third drive in 2 years.

If you try and buy software to recover your stuff then that wont work obviously because the HD physically failed. The only way that I know of that you can recover your data like mentioned previously is to have a company swap the platters in your HD to another, which i've herd is very expensive. I guess you can check out the prices.

Back
Top Bottom