I need to Build a PC

Arc

Baseband Member
My Dad has a mediacl condition which means he has really sesitive ears.

He needs a new PC his current Specs are:

1700Mhz Celeron
300W Unknown PSU (seasonic??)
256Mb RAM DD333
200MB HDD
128B ATI 9250 AGP (Passively Cooled)

i do have a SKt478 2.8Mhz lying around with an MSI board.

I have around £150 (im a student) in my budget.
plus whatever i can sell for stuff i dont use.

He needs a Uber Silent PC

Can anyone suggest a new setup. I might be able to go up to £200 if needs be but that the max.

He might also need a new case. as the current case has the PSU over The CPU. However if a new case is required it will ahve to be of a small footprint. I know im asking a lot but it will mean so much to him.

Use of PC: Office, Net, Occasional Media encoding (i do mean occasinal) No Gaming What so ever.

Well, I would suggest getting him a laptop than. They are silent, small, efficient, and since your dad doesnt need a powerful system, a laptop will be perfect.

Or if you just wana upgrade, get an AMD processor, no fans what so ever, try to find a silent processor cooling fan, and a silent video card if he needs one. (or you could go with an onboard one to reduce noise greatly. For a case, get one with the least of crap on it. Like no light or anything, cause that takes power, and might cause some noise.

a laptop is a great idea! why did i think of that? he doesn't need anything expensive. maybe a toshiba satellite. those are reliable laptops

I dont think he wants a laptop TBH. What AMD Processor doesn't need a fan.

Thanks Guys

Well ur budget is quite small. I wouldn't buy a new computer, u could just get more ram for the old computer and it would definitely work faster. 1Gb is probably like £60 and it will give a great increase in performance. Then a bigger hdd, that would be like maybe another £60. If u need that pc to be more silent then u should think about getting a new cpu heatsink and fan, but then u will probably need a new case and a new psu since the new cpu hs/f won't fit if the psu is over the cpu.

Are There any V silent Fans for the P4 i have spare (SKT478 2.8GHZ)

Back
Top Bottom