I know I've made this post a thousands times, but...

aowen416

Daemon Poster
Okay, it's back to the graphics cards, AGAIN.

Right now, it's between SLI 9800GTXs, and 4-way HD3870 Crossfire (so 2 HD3870 X2).

Obviously, the ATI cards are more powerful. BUT, there are the drivers and the optimization problems.

Sure, in many games, the ATI cards easily outperform the 9800GX2 (it has very near performance to SLI 9800GTXs)

bioshock10_hdr.gif

However, in others, they just suffer:

cod4_4x.gif

Now, I'm asking, do you think once there are better drivers, that the cards will perform better in games like CoD4, or do you think it'd be better to go with the 9800s?

Also, do you think 4-way Crossfire is really necessary? Is the difference between 3-way and 4-way that noticeable?

Thanks, and sorry for making so many similar threads :p

well i aint into graphics but by drivers no, drivers are mostaly for things new software, new software for some cases means new drivers so it kinda throws it at you but like i say thats how i see it.

but like i aint into graphics so i dont think i know much but for all them graphics up their you should quit buying expensive parts for your pc and start studying because when your older the money won't be their unless you work for it hard.

qwow sorry i hit you then, not being offensive or anythhing but im stoned and hey w ht the heck, but go for the one with the highest mark

well i aint into graphics but by drivers no, drivers are mostaly for things new software, new software for some cases means new drivers so it kinda throws it at you but like i say thats how i see it.

but like i aint into graphics so i dont think i know much but for all them graphics up their you should quit buying expensive parts for your pc and start studying because when your older the money won't be their unless you work for it hard.

qwow sorry i hit you then, not being offensive or anythhing but im stoned and hey w ht the heck, but go for the one with the highest mark

Okay...

1. I study enough, I have a 4.00 GPA.

2. If you could translate that mess into English, that'd be great.

3. You're bloody stoned...how can you tell me to start studying XD?

Damn son, how much power do you need? lol, if it was me, I would just go for a 9800GX2 or just one 3870x2. Cause that should get you through a lot for now. It will max any game on the market now probably. Then, as you need it, throw in a second card. But as for me, with the amount you want to spend, just get one 9800gx2. Then in a year or 2 when it cant quite max everything, get another one.

I have a 7900gs, and I can play almost any game on the highest settings... I can max unreal tourny 3, rainbow 6 vegas, gears of war(except DX10 part), Call of Duty 4, BF2142, and the list goes on. Thats with just a 7900gs, so with a card that has about 3 times the power, it should do a damn good job.

What are your other system specs?

Okay...

1. I study enough, I have a 4.00 GPA.

2. If you could translate that mess into English, that'd be great.

3. You're bloody stoned...how can you tell me to start studying XD?

yer you have fuckin good point a men man, but i dont know what your grade is never heard of it + im saying games take your life away, trust me, been their done that, spent so much on them its no good at the end.

but anyway yer what ever

Damn son, how much power do you need? lol, if it was me, I would just go for a 9800GX2 or just one 3870x2. Cause that should get you through a lot for now. It will max any game on the market now probably. Then, as you need it, throw in a second card. But as for me, with the amount you want to spend, just get one 9800gx2. Then in a year or 2 when it cant quite max everything, get another one.

I have a 7900gs, and I can play almost any game on the highest settings... I can max unreal tourny 3, rainbow 6 vegas, gears of war(except DX10 part), Call of Duty 4, BF2142, and the list goes on. Thats with just a 7900gs, so with a card that has about 3 times the power, it should do a damn good job.

What are your other system specs?

Hah, a lot!

Haven't decided on all the other specs, but it's looking at something like this:

Q6600 Oc'd to 3.2ghz
Unsure about the Mobo...
4Gigs of 1066 RAM, @ 5-5-5-15
150GB Raptor @ 10,000 RPM
P182 Case
900-1000W Power Supply

all running at 1920x1200 =]

im giving you advice lol

Dude,

A 4.00 is an A+ Average. I don't play games during the week- EVER. I'm in Rowing, and do a plethora of other activities. I don't need academic counseling from someone who is stoned!

I want to go to med school, and so far, I'm on track for it. Im in all AP classes, and it really isn't necessary for you to lecture me on my priorities, as obviously, I'm handling everything fine.

Like was mentioned, it may be a little overkill, especially with new gpu architecture on the horizon.

However, if you must have it now, I would say crossfire hands down.

Dude,

A 4.00 is an A+ Average. I don't play games during the week- EVER. I'm in Rowing, and do a plethora of other activities. I don't need academic counseling from someone who is stoned!

I want to go to med school, and so far, I'm on track for it. Im in all AP classes, and it really isn't necessary for you to lecture me on my priorities, as obviously, I'm handling everything fine.

You're an undergrad or still HS?

Props, I'm a 34 yo undergrad trying to get into law school. Full time employment, wife and 2 kids. I have a 4.0 and know what a pita it is to keep it, there's so much more work from a 3.5+ to a 4.0.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom