i have no idea what im doin....help!

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
ok i installed windows today and i made 2 partitions so that i could install linux after so dyserq suggested that i use Fedora Core 4 but when i went to download it it looks like i have to download quite a few files and i dont know what to do with them even if i download them any help would be appreciated.

thanks

well it says mount it as an iso image thing which i understand but theres a second option to put it on a dvd which sounds a lot easier to me so if someone could explain how to do that it would be great.

well they are image files. So just burn then to a cd, u need to make it an image cd, atleast alcohol 120% and some versions of nero can do this. And then just install it from the cd.

Yes, you´ll have to burn it as a bootable ISO image, be aware that this is different from the normal data disk, as daemon suggested, you can use both Nero or Alchohol 120% but when i first tried Linux, i used XP Burner Pro ... which made my life a whole lot easier seeing as though i spent COUNTLESS hours trying and trying ...
Anyways, if you use a DVD CD, you´ll only need one, where as if you use normal CDs, you´ll need 4 because of its limited capacity, by the way, just to make sure, check the ISO image sums to check that the download was not corrupted somehow, i´m not sure but i think Fedora uses SHA1 sums, different from the MD5 sums

Yeah, Nero definetly makes the job easy.

It should be within Backup, Create Image, if you use StartSmart Nero.

This will just burn the entire image so that it has all the capabilities of a proper data cd, including bootable data, so its like a duplicate exact copy of a cd.

oh ok i see what ur talkin about, thx for the help i just have a few more questions which i posted in another thread

Yes
The i386 type is just for 32 bit processors such as Intel and AMD, the 64 bit version is x86_64

Back
Top Bottom