i have a great idea

pc trade post

Daemon Poster
alright this is my idea.... what you would do is plug in a "base" or "router" into your wall outlet, and then it sends wireless power throughout your home. then you attatch a "reciever" onto the end of ech cord on you appliances. and then, if it caught on well enough, companies would start making their products have integrated wireless power. so, the whole idea is sort of like a wireless internet router or a cordless phone system. just think... your laptop is about to run out of batteries, so, using an ordinary outlet, you would be tied down to a certain area. but, using this technology, you would just plug an adapter into your laptop and it would charge wirelessly. i have no idea whatsoever if it would be possible or not, i dont know anything about that sort of thing, but it would be cool. now, with my luck, someone will see this post and go put a pattent on the idea lol. o well i dont care.

I believe this is already possible, as I've heard it being done.

Yeah, its a good idea, which is why I think BT have done something with it. I can't think what at the moment, but it did involve passing a network through electricity sockets.

You can buy adapters which run through your electrical wiring, see below...

Wallplugs

Reading that again though are you talking about actually being able to run an electrical supply wirelessly.........so you wouldn't to need to recharge it etc or plug it in.........

Isn't that what Tesla tried to do....

Nikola Tesla The Lightening Guy Check out the pics some excellant ones there.

Nikola Tesla was an electrical inventor, and lived during the late 1800's into the mid-1900's. He was a brilliant person, yet was an enigma to practically everyone. Known for his eccentric lifestyle, Tesla nevertheless maintained a rather high social profile, despite his prolific inventiveness. Some of his phobias included pearl earrings worn by women, never staying in a hotel room or floor whose number was divisable by three, and insisting on a large number of napkins at every meal with which he would meticulously polish his silverware. Tesla had a good number of friends, one of which was Samuel Clemmons, also known as Mark Twain.

Tesla's main claim to fame lay with his invention of the alternating current motor. Tesla believed that alternating current was vastly superior to (Edison's) direct current, but the problem was the lack of a practical motor. Alternating current is practical because of the fact that it can be altered or converted to suit a variety of situations. For example, if the voltage is made quite high, then the current necessary for a specific level of power is very low. This low current then becomes very efficient when sending electrical power over very long wires. (This is the reason why the power lines running across the countryside are at very high voltages.)

Tesla also worked with radio-frequency electromagnetic waves, and despite the claims made by Marconi, actually did invent the idea of Radio as we know it today. (There are numerous patents which bear this out.) In working with radio waves, Tesla created the Tesla coil as a means to generate and receive this form of energy.

Tesla went on to experiment with actual wireless transmission of electrical power. In Colorado Springs, Colorado, he built a laboratory to develop this. The Colorado Springs lab contained the largest Tesla Coil ever built, even today. Called the 'Magnifying Transmitter', it was capable of generating some 300,000 watts of power, and (reportedly) could produce a bolt of lightning 130 feet long. According to local acounts, Tesla actually managed to successfully transmit about 30 to 50 thousand watts of power without wires using the 'Transmitter'.

Tesla was also a great mechanical engineer, and patented dozens of devices ranging from speedometers to extremely efficient electrical generators. One unique device was his bladeless turbine. Instead of using fan-type blades, Tesla's turbine utilized solid disks of metal, and relied on what is called the 'boundry-layer effect'. His turbine ran on either compressed air or steam, and was so efficient that a device held in the hand could produce well over 10 horsepower! Today, this bladeless technology is being used in a special type of non-clogging pump designed for the oil industry. (In fact, the thicker the stuff it pumps, the more efficiently it pumps it!)

Tesla had a knack for visualizing inventions in their final, finished form. He also would envision a great many other ideas and concepts, which only later in this century would come to pass. One such idea was the creation of a large ring that would encircle the earth. Built on scaffolding, once completed, the scaffolding would be removed, and the ring would remain stationary. 20th century geosynchronous satellites work in a similar way.

Tesla was also responsible for a great many other inventions and devices that we take for granted today. He postulated the ability to locate objects in the air or in the ground by using radio waves. Today, we call it RADAR, and when used to peer into the human body, MRI. Tesla also created radio- control devices. His work with special gas-filled lamps set the stage for the creation of fluorescent lighting.

Tesla eventually died, literally pennyless, on January 7th, 1943. It is rather sad that a man who gave the world so much, received so little for his efforts. History books have been unkind as well. Even today, many texts still credit Marconi with the invention of radio, despite the Supreme Court decision which overruled the Marconi patent, awarding it to Tesla. In many parts of this country, people still refer to the electric utility as the 'Edison Company', even though they use the Tesla-Westinghouse alternating current system, NOT Edison's direct current. At the Niagra Falls power generating station, a small statue of Tesla is purposely left unilluminated at night. It has been said that Tesla is the Forgotten Father of Technology. Tesla himself once commented "... The present is theirs. (skeptics of the day) The future, for which I really worked, is mine." How true indeed.
/td>

i dont think its possible to recharge something wirelessly. the only thing that can transfer that much power is a laser. now a laser that powerful wouldnt be safe at all to walkthrough.

how can you send power-electic-dangerous-rays or whatever through the air?

in my opinion i don't think it can be done. but if theres a way, let there be one. i'd be extremely surprised

Back
Top Bottom