I got a screenshot "invalid license ID"??

^Mike^

Fully Optimized
I posted a thread earlier about this but i finally got a screenshot of it, can anyone tell me what this is all about. It happens when i turn my computer on.

invalid.jpg

does it effect anything? does it shut down any software when yuo click okay? because if it doesn't then i don't see any harm of just leaving it. but yet i can see it getting annoying.

check programs>startup.. see if there is anything in there. If you don't see anything that might be it, press winkey+r, type msconfig, then check the startup tab and see what all is on there. If a program is starting up on your PC when you login to windows, it HAS to be on one of those.

Ronco Rox said:
does it effect anything? does it shut down any software when yuo click okay? because if it doesn't then i don't see any harm of just leaving it. but yet i can see it getting annoying.
no it doesn't seem to affect anything, but it's very anoying especially since this is a brand new computer

Well it's definately not a microsoft WGA notice, go to msconfig and post a screen shot of whats in there, see if we can't figure out what's causing this. How often does this happen? Is there anything specific you do that causes this?

*edit- also check your event viewer and see if anything sticks out. right click my computer>manage> expand event viewer and look under application, and system, double click on the events to see more specific info on them, post the results here

mfrostbutter said:
Well it's definately not a microsoft WGA notice, go to msconfig and post a screen shot of whats in there, see if we can't figure out what's causing this. How often does this happen? Is there anything specific you do that causes this?

*edit- also check your event viewer and see if anything sticks out. right click my computer>manage> expand event viewer and look under application, and system, double click on the events to see more specific info on them, post the results here
Thanks for the help, i checked my event viewer and found nothing out of the ordinary, this happens everytime i turn my computer on. I found this process in msconfig which might be the answer.

msconfig.jpg

Dont just uncheck it. Investigate the file via the internet. And go to the directory, see if anything is out of the ordinary etc.

Back
Top Bottom