I fell behind... Need advice on new build

CrackerJacker1

Daemon Poster
Well my old computer that I use right has a 4800x2, PC3200, and a x1800xt 512mb. At the time that was like the lastest and greatest thing and I was consider cool guy for it :D

But now that I got somewhat of a life, I'm not sure whats the best thing to get. I've always been a AMD/ATI kind of guy

Anyways I'm looking into a quad core processor with crossfire for gaming.

From what I found there is really no good motherboards to suit my needs with this Phenom 2 Processor

Go with Intel instead. They are cheaper and better. For the price of an AMD processor you can get a higher clocked intel processor.

Yeah, I was never really into Intel though, always tried to avoid it but I guess I might not have a choice this time

Go with Intel instead. They are cheaper and better. For the price of an AMD processor you can get a higher clocked intel processor.

intels are higher priced AMD you get more for the money,but if you have alot of money to spend get an core i7 build. Get an Phenom 2 i built a pc for my cousin and it is blazing fast with only triple core is fast

no im not unlocking the locked core lol

how much are you looking to spend im sure we can get you a really nice build
if your looking for top of the line corei7 from intel is the way to go with a 280gtx from nvidia ddr3 ram 6 gbs ect
but if you want a kick as pc for kick as value
id reccomend and q6600 (like 120 bucks now) (its got 4 cores!!! and over clocks very nicely) 9800gtx very cheap and an nvidia 780i mb or 790i if you want ddr3 ram
the second recommendation is really good but not top of the line any more (can max out crysis tho on a lower rez)
and its really cheap now

well what is the lastest and greatest ATI video card thats worth between 200-300$

My price range I was thinking
200-300$ Processor
200-300$ Video Card x2
and probably 6-8GBS of ram whatever it costs.

Motherboard? It doesn't matter the cost as long as it has crossfire and plenty of ports for hard drives and a few PCI ports

Holycrap amazing technology now and days. I really want to do SLI or Crossfire though, not that I really need it but just to say that I built one or had one. :)

That processor looks freakin awesome 8MB cache? Didn't know they went that high. Does Intel Not have hyper-threading processors?

Back
Top Bottom