I am looking to build a PC, 1st timer

The other MSI. The 790X one.
Ah, I see. I missed that for some reason...:confused:

Nice find there. I like the idea of the 790X. They took out the IGP and just used the extra lanes for the second x16 slot.

EDIT: I think some of these reviewers are retarded...

Rating + 1 CPU Socket Defective

Pros: Seemed like a decent inexpensive board.

Cons: Phenom II 940 would not fit into motherboard socket. I am able to put the CPU no problem into a MSI K9A2 Platinum. I also tried a Phenom x4 and a spare AM2 CPU I have sitting around for testing. None fit into the thing. Has to be a defect from MSI.

Other Thoughts: RMA'ed this thing already and will get another... I hope that this is just limited to this one board.
Haha, wtf?

I know man. There's a lot of that happening with people buying Lynnfield cpu's and H55 mobos, and then complaining that the IGP doesn't work. You'd think anyone who was smart enough to be buying this stuff would know thinks like that...

I see people who do waaaay worse. They will give a product one or three stars (almost always 1 or 3) so they can ask a stupid question about it, expecting people to answer.

Lets not get too off topic here...

so the build is currently
Athlon II 620
MSI 790X board I posted
G.Skill RAM I posted
Sapphire 5770 you posted
Fata1ity 550w PSU you posted
Aerocool case you posted
F3 HDD I posted
Lite-on DVD burner you posted

W7 Home premium

Sound OK to you?

Awesome. I figure updating it helps the OP because a lot of times they feel they have to go with one person's build specifically, not mixing any parts.

I saw W7 Home premium 64 a lot cheaper somewhere so I will go search for that.

EDIT: Found it. $67. http://www.9software.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=WIN7HNMPREIP64HP

Regular OEM version, with an HP logo. No difference in anything else. It will work in any computer.

Awesome. I figure updating it helps the OP because a lot of times they feel they have to go with one person's build specifically, not mixing any parts.

I saw W7 Home premium 64 a lot cheaper somewhere so I will go search for that.

EDIT: Found it. $67. http://www.9software.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=WIN7HNMPREIP64HP

Regular OEM version, with an HP logo. No difference in anything else. It will work in any computer.

if it works at all, also it says "in stock soon" so it's not available right now, and a quick google search of #9 software shows up some pretty bad reviews, I wouldn't trust this site but hey, to each their own...

watch out i fucked up. if ur planning to get more than 3gb of ram you WILL NEED a 65 bit OS. Noone told me that when i was asking ppls opinion for my build. and i thought that was a major flaw.. So make sure u get a 64 bit os dont make same mistake i did!

Back
Top Bottom