how's this overclock?

MarxSoccer said:
What's your other multiplier at? (dunno the name of it)

I hope you have it at 4
Thats the LDT ratio.

That isnt a bad overclock. Do you really need that much voltage though? Try lower and see if its still stable. You shouldn't need 1.5v for a 400mhz overclock, unless its a crappy one like my old 3700+.

i lowered the voltage down to 1.465 and i'm testing for stablility right now. i'm using everest any other suggestions on torturing my computer.XD

Change your LDT ratio to 3x. The drop the multi to 8 and see how high the HTT will go on 1.55V. That will tell you if you are HTT limited or not. And put your RAM on a 1:2 divider.

actually my bios is pretty anal about adjusting the ram. there is no ratio setting and i can only adjust it to 400mhz 333mhz....etc.
i wish i can do that. :(

ROFL that's what i thought. ya thanks. i pushed it to 240mhz at 1.487 volts and now i'm testing. i wonder if i will hit 260

Edit: i managed to push 250mhz (not sure about stablility though)

Well the HTT of your motherboard I doubt will be the problem with overclocking. I'm not sure but I think the limit of that motherboard is usually around 300mhz. I doubt you will be getting your processor to 3ghz so I wouldn't worry about the HTT too much.

ya thanks i got my htt to 260 at 1.485v now, and i think i can hit higher. so what do i do after i finish finding out my max? how would i go about to make my system rock hard?

BTW thanks alot for the help.

Edit: it's at 275mhz and it looks like it can still go higher. is this normal?

okay so 312mhz is my max HTT what should i do now. i heard i should explore my max ram speed, but i don't really get the process of doing it. Help?

Back
Top Bottom