How to transfer files using a router?

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello,

I have 2 computers connected to the same router (D-Link DGL-4500) & I want to transfer about 1TB of data to another computer via router can that be done? Both computers are hardwired connected. One has XP & the other is Vista 64bit (primary) Do I need to download some program for the transfer? Or does windows has everything already? How can I make this happened.

Thanks

1TB :O you will be there several hours maybe going onto 1 day or so.

n e ways you jus have to enable file sharing on both computers,

and once thats done i find the best way (because vista doesnt always show up their files)

goto one of the computers and type \\computer-name

and it will take you to the shared folder,

1TB :O you will be there several hours maybe going onto 1 day or so.

n e ways you jus have to enable file sharing on both computers,

and once thats done i find the best way (because vista doesnt always show up their files)

goto one of the computers and type \\computer-name

and it will take you to the shared folder,

That pretty much covers it. I find it easier to run the network setup wizard (Setup Connection or network in vista) , that way you know the firewalls on both systems will allow the transfer and it'll make finding the shared folders a lot easier.

Something you can also try is the files and settings tansfer wizard if Vista has that option. Not sure if it would copy everything you wanted, but it could definitely help.

Thanks guys!

I was hoping to do that yesterday after I finish setting up my new computer table, but the dam store people (Ikea is where I gat the table) decided not to give me a major part, so today I will have to do 1h drive to get the part and after work try and set up the table. Only then will I be able to give the network connection a try.

Thanks again fellaz

Back
Top Bottom