How to tell if parts are compatible?

whamajama

Solid State Member
Hey everyone, I'm a total noob to this whole computer building thing, and I did some research, and found some stuff that seemed to fit my requirements and budget, but how do I know that they will work together? I can post the parts I was looking at, if that would help., but part of this is a learning experience, so if somebody could explain that would be great, Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone, I'm a total noob to this whole computer building thing, and I did some research, and found some stuff that seemed to fit my requirements and budget, but how do I know that they will work together? I can post the parts I was looking at, if that would help., but part of this is a learning experience, so if somebody could explain that would be great, Thanks in advance.
You are taking a big gamble just guessing, try the manufacturers website for compatibility to other products or it is best to buy from the one retailer who can advise on the parts to work with each other.

Thanks for the response, all the parts I'm looking at are on newegg, if I sent them a message would the be able to help? when I can get on a computer I will check out the manufacturer's websites, though what I was really asking is do all motherboards have the same sockets for memory, do all power supplies power all hard drives, that sorta thing

The easiest thing you can do is to just post the links to all of the parts you want here. Newegg offers customer service advice only, NOT build help. We can help you with that here however.

Back
Top Bottom