how to overclock

Well you can download this....
http://www.techpowerup.com/systool/

This tool has been the only thing I used.
It has a overclock cpu tool in there.

You gotta know what your control is i think its called. Like I have a Nforce 4 in my motherboard. so you select Nforce 4 and then youll be able to overclock. if you dont know though i guess you will just have to guess it tell you get it right lol

We need more info. Mobo, processor, ram, and cooling. The general breakdown is to get your raise FSB until you run into instability, then raise voltages. Raise the CPU Vcore, northbridge vcore, and memory. But watch temperatures and raise voltages at small increments at at time.

Does that tool actually raise voltages and alter memory timings in bios?What I guess I am trying to ask is this a tool most OC.'s use or do most people go into bios a different way to alter FSB,and voltages,timings,etc.?Thanks much >MArvin

u should try to raise the multiplier as high as possible because changing fsb is a pain in the butt. changing fsb requiires changing ram ffsb and other stuff too and stuff. i would raise multiplier only. multiplier is easier to do.

If you change your voltage(vcore)to much or your fsb you can fry you processor so you have to alter them a little at a time I would start by changing your fsb a little ,look it up on google there are plenty of sites that tell you or one of the members will tell you. you can also damge you ram, im overclocking mine 1800+ to a 1900+ and it runs stable when i take it above 2000+ i start to get the dreaded blue screen .

u should try to raise the multiplier as high as possible because changing fsb is a pain in the butt. changing fsb requiires changing ram ffsb and other stuff too and stuff. i would raise multiplier only. multiplier is easier to do.

hmm , how exactly can you raise the multiplier if the multiplier is locked on all cpu's sold today with the exception of intel extrememe cpu's ?

the normal way is as above , up the fsb , normally in small incriments till it runs unstable , then set the fsb a few below this say it is unstable at 250 i would got 245 and test stability , you may also need to raise voltages to makeit stable but i got my p4 2.8ghz up to 3.1 on stock voltages , i didnt wanna raise voltage cos of northwood sudden death syndrome as it is called

hmm , how exactly can you raise the multiplier if the multiplier is locked on all cpu's sold today with the exception of intel extrememe cpu's ?

the normal way is as above , up the fsb , normally in small incriments till it runs unstable , then set the fsb a few below this say it is unstable at 250 i would got 245 and test stability , you may also need to raise voltages to makeit stable but i got my p4 2.8ghz up to 3.1 on stock voltages , i didnt wanna raise voltage cos of northwood sudden death syndrome as it is called

Your spot on Muz if hes a beginner he wants to stay well away from the multiplier and voltages it will only end in disaster ,don't run before you can walk!!!

Back
Top Bottom