How high could I over clock my CPU?

is that cpu speed if so your cpu has become unstable maybe , try safe mode

yea, it starts at 200 (2.00) and then it goes up. So anything past 2.10 I cant get windows to start. How would i start into safe mode?

after the bios post screen and before the windows xp satrtup screen press f8 then a boot menu will appear
Plus you overclocking ram as well

I have the 4200+ X2 which is like 200Mhz higher than yours from the factory.. right now im clocked @ 2.55. Ive gotten it to 2.65 but windows wont boot up... so i downclocked. I also have my HT link @ 600Mhz. Idle it runs at like 30c on full load its at like 47-48c MAX You could probably hit 2.5

clandestinex337 said:
Well, I just went into the bios and whenever I went past 210 like 220 230 240, Windows wouldnt start up. Any idea of what the problem is?

maybe the ram. Or then the cpu needs more juice already.
But try putting the ram on a divider and if that doesn't work you could try increasing the cpu voltage. Just be carefull not to do anything stupid with the voltages.

bullzi said:
if you overclock it and it overheats, thats it for the processor no going back, if you want to really overclock it a lot you NEED an aftermarket heatsink, id say for a cpu 50 degrees celsius is probably getting a bit high, anything lower is good

Hmmm thats funny cuz i overlclocked 1Ghz on the stock heatsink/fan with my system,

and its runs at 40C :D

uh yea, thats not for all cpu's i said thats getting high, i never said anything about thats the temp it should run at

mammikoura said:
you don't need an aftermarket heatsink. It will only allow you to oc higher, because it keeps the temps down. As for the temps, if it stays under 65C then it's fine, but I'd try to keep it under 60C at all times. (and I'm talking about under load temps here)

yea i know thats why i said "if you want to overclock it A LOT then you need an aftermarket heatsink" never said anything about needing an aftermarket if your just going to overclock a little, ive overclocked before

mammikoura said:
maybe the ram. Or then the cpu needs more juice already.
But try putting the ram on a divider and if that doesn't work you could try increasing the cpu voltage. Just be carefull not to do anything stupid with the voltages.
it goes from like 1.5v to 1.6 so should i bring it to 1.6?

bullzi said:
yea i know thats why i said "if you want to overclock it A LOT then you need an aftermarket heatsink" never said anything about needing an aftermarket if your just going to overclock a little, ive overclocked before

yeah sorry, I missed the "a lot" part :D

clandestinex337 said:
it goes from like 1.5v to 1.6 so should i bring it to 1.6?
yeah you could try that. My cpu (pentium 4) is at 1.55 right now, with a 400mhz overclock. Don't know about amd's that much, never had one but I'd say that 1.6v is fine.

Back
Top Bottom