How high can i OC this processor?

Half Evil

Golden Master
I have a 3.0ghz Intel Pentium 4. Prescott core. So, im wondering, assume that i flash the bios and all that, well im wondering how far i can OC this with stock cooling, in a BTX case.

You won't need to flash the BIOS, Pentium 4s especially the Prescott cores are well known for their overclockablity. You could possibly gain 500mhz or more if you do it correctly.

Hmm.. im going to make a thread on this.. because i seriously dont know how to flash bios..

Its easier to understand people here, Because they speak my launguage.. everything on the internet... well basicly it says HaHaHa im smarter then you are.. lol.. sad i know, lol..

Ziirou Requin said:
I thought you couldn't OC DeLLs. You can?

What is "flashing" anyway? Harmful, in any way? Complex?

Yes u can oc them if u get a bios that isn't locked.

Basicly the flashing is just replacing the current bios with a new one.

Harmfull? Well not if u know what u are doing, but if u screw up, well, then ur just really screwed up. :D

Complex? Depending on the mobo. If it's something that has an easy application that u can use from windows then it's easy. If u need to boot stuff from the floppy and flash it from there then it's a little harder.

Don't you need superb cooling to do this to a Prescott core? I belive so. These things get hot, as everyone knows.

Back
Top Bottom