How Far Do You Overclock?

Can't get my FSB any higher than 220, the memory holds me back, and the pc is slower if i underclock my ram to get a higher cpu speed. Stable at 2420 tho, with ddr at 440 (not bad for value ram)

i've gotten my e6600 to 3.2, but took off the OC when i removed my temp moniter (it was part of ntune, and causing problems)

Well Ive just turned my AMD ATHLON 1800+ up to 2000+ by raising the fsb and its running fine, temps only gone up slightly so I'm quite happy, Ive gone from 1.54ghz to 1.67ghz

I've got my E6600 at 3.4 GHz with solid temps. (doesn't usually break 50*C under load) I need it to be rock solid though, so that's what I leave it at, but I've gotten it to 3.9 not-completely-stable.

I've got my E6600 at 3.4 GHz with solid temps. (doesn't usually break 50*C under load) I need it to be rock solid though, so that's what I leave it at, but I've gotten it to 3.9 not-completely-stable.

My temps running at 56c and 34 they where about 52/54 for the cpu so I'm not concerned, i installed cpu cool into my task bar so i can keep an eye on the temp for a couple of days.

I can only increase mine like 300 MHz. Should've got a cheapo and done like 800.

hascet, lock your your PCI and PCI-Express bus speeds to 33 and 100 respectively. Depending on what motherboard you have, you might be able to go to 113mhz on the PCI-Express bus speed.

And by the way guys, for any of you overclocking video cards, bumping up the bus speed of the slot ie. PCI, AGP, PCI-Express will yield you a higher overclock ;)

The farthest I've gone with my E6600 is 3.4, but that was on stock cooling :p
thanks for the advice :D I locked my pci, but never my pci-e mayeb that will be the trick to getting to 4ghz on my e6600!!!

Back
Top Bottom