How far could i oc my AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+?

Scythe1

Baseband Member
Ok im going to overclock this processor, and i want to know how far can i overclock it to, or maybe how far you guys overclock urs too.

Specs for the AMD Athlon X2 3800+ Manchester
64 bit Support: Yes
Hyper-Transport Support: Yes
L1 Cache: 128KB+128KB
L2 Cache: 2 x 512KB
Multi-Core: Dual-Core
Multimedia Instruction: MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, 3DNOW! Professional
Operating Frequency: 2.0GHz
Process Type: 90 nm
Series: Athlon 64 X2
Voltage: 1.35-1.4V
Core: Manchester
Name: Athlon 64 X2 3800+
HT: 2000MHz

Dont worry about the cooling and everything, i have all those stuff ready and installed already.

processors are not created equal. You cant tell how much it will overclock just by looking at it. Ive seen ones over 3.0Ghz and ones that cant even go up to 2.5Ghz. What cooling do you have? And what kind of RAM? Do you have a good psu? Good airflow? Those are all factors in ocing.

I have a Zalman Fatal1ty 120mm CPU Fan, 4 case fans in total, one vga fan. My memory comes from Kingston and its a HyperX 2GB PC3200 Dual Channel DDR Kit. I have a 650 Watt ATX 12V Power Supply. Im probably going to add a water cooling kit.

dont buy a water cooling kit unless its one from swiftech. All the other ones are no good. You will be better off with a custom water cooling setup. And just raise the HTT until it becomes unstable then bump the voltage. And keep on going. Run your RAM 1:1 and loosen timings to 3-3-3-8.

Back
Top Bottom