How do you take apart Gateway NV5922H?

JacobP

Baseband Member
I've been trying to take apart my Gateway NV5922H laptop. I wanted to take out my heat sink to put some conductive on it to take down the temperature. It doesn't really work because in the panel on the bottom I can't find any heat sink. Yet when I take all the screws out to take off the bottom panel it just doesn't seem to come off.

Someone please help me!

Around the edges of the body there's usually clips after unscrewing all the screws out. Almost every laptop comes out this way. Get a small flat head, start at a corner, and you should hear clicking sounds. But sometimes you get those rare and weird put together laptops, but i'm confident this is the way to get yours apart.

DO NOT just try to pull the case apart. you have to remove the strip above the keyboard then remove the keyboard then make sure theres no hidden screws under that stuff maybe even have to remove the screen to but be carefull and do not force anything. gently take a flat head and pry the case loose after all that is removed. also take out hard drive and cdrom before trying to take apart. I don't recomend taking apart a laptop unless you know what your doing there all different and it is very easy to mess something up

My laptop is all cheap plastic so I can't take a flat head screw driver to the plastic moulding.

Then you'll probably not get it apart... The plastic clips are on the plastic body of the laptop on 99% of laptops.

If I take it to The Source will they take it apart. That's where I bought it.

They'll end up taking it apart the same way we described here. Either way the plastic's coming off. :) But it might look cleaner as they have more practice. I know i make laptops look less ghetto when taking them apart due to practice, and that's after 3-4 of them.

Back
Top Bottom