How do you burn everything on your computer to a cd

compchik2006

Beta member
I am wanting to burn everything that i have on my computer right now to a disc, so incase something happens i can reformat and put everything back on my computer. Can anyone tell me what to do to do that?
Thanks so much

u go to ur burning program.
and u click on burn data disc. den u put the maximum amount of files u can into the one disc. and burn. den repeat process.

or you could make a dulicate copy of everything on your hhd using Norton Ghost.

you'll have to pat for it though, but i've heard it's good.

compchik2006 said:
I am wanting to burn everything that i have on my computer right now to a disc, so incase something happens i can reformat and put everything back on my computer. Can anyone tell me what to do to do that?
Thanks so much
You seem very new at this.You do not have to save "everything" to disk.
If you mean Ghost,well forget me.
Just personal collected data.Like pictures.
A partitioned hardrive would work well too.
Send me a PM if you think i have a clue.
:D

well theres programs like roxio ezcd creator or nero that can. also theres a cd burner built into windows xp.

Windows XP can do it - but don't burn everything onto a disk - select all of the files you don't want to loose - and burn them as you would any other disk.

Lol; it does! If you drag a file into the CD Drive; it will make it temporary and wait until you ask it to burn it. Unless you have some burning program which has taken over burning from the Automatic Windows One - my Instant CD/DVD does that.

Huge floppys

Why not get some cd-rw formatible disks ?
Reusable just like floppies where.
Remember Dos/W3 ? This Old guy does.Hic.
:D

If your are using xp you cannot drag and drop your system-If you have me or 98 you can copy the whole c:\ drive. But upon copying back to the harddrive you must remove the 386.swp file before boot or the system will crash. Windows will create its own new 386.swp
You also must use a windows emergency floppy disk to sys c:\ <enter> to create a new boot sector.
You also MUST enable from the windows explorer-view all files system and data, otherwise you won't be copying ALL of windows.

Back
Top Bottom