how do i get rid of this??

jsimz07

Beta member
when i go to open up my computer or my music i message pops up that says
data execution prevention
to help protect your computer, windows has cosed this programs

and it tells me to stop this from doing this i have to go in control panel and do something but it won't even let me go into control panel because that same pop up comes up
anyone no how to get rid of this? i just resently got verizon fios so maybe it is that? should i call them?

RESOLUTION
To avoid this behavior, contact your program vendor to see if an update is available that enables the program to work correctly with DEP.
Back to the top

WORKAROUND
If your computer is set to apply DEP to all programs and services, the DEP error message will have a Change Settings button. If an update to the program is not available, follow these steps to add an exception for the program from the DEP error message: 1. When you receive the error message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section, click Change Settings.
2. Click to select the check box next to the program, and then click Apply.
3. When you are prompted to restart your computer, click OK two times, and then restart your system.

it doesnt have a change settings button it just has a close message button and a what should i do link and i clicked that and it tells me how to turn it off but you have to use control panel and that wont open either

Back
Top Bottom