disturbed13

Daemon Poster
how can i fix this issue?
i have a 1.5TB HDD and it only shows ~600GB :mad:
why.jpg

see
is there any way to make Vista see all 1500GB
thanks for the help guys

That's really odd. It's reading it at half-size (as if it's a 750GB drive that's formatted). Do you have the jumpers and everything set correctly?

i think if it was a bad platter it wouldnt know it was a tera at all. did it come like that right out of the box? maybe a format?

i think if it was a bad platter it wouldnt know it was a tera at all. did it come like that right out of the box? maybe a format?

But could the computer still read the "size" off of the chip on the HDD? Bad platter idea is sounding pretty good to me.

OP: To confirm..You have tried reformatting and checking the jumpers correct?

when I am trying to format my hard disk using a bootable Win XP cd,I get an error message "STOP:C0000221 unknown Hard error/systemroot/system32/ntdll.dll" immediately after loading files on its next...

Try and boot into recovery console dude, then run a CHKDSK, or simply shedule and check disk in computer>C>properties>Tools>Error Checking> Check Now

Make sure both boxes are ticked, restart and wait.

Do you have Acronis Disk manager or Norton Partition Magic, check to see what those programs are reporting on disk partitions.

Back
Top Bottom