How do I connect to the internet?

swamp_rattler

Baseband Member
I just reinstalled Windows XP to my Dell 9300 due to spyware activity. Anyhoo, I received a long list of drivers to download from the Dell.com site. I've downloading them, but I still can't get onto our internet (we use WideOpenWest via a Linksys system).

This is what I get:

"Windows cannot configure this wireless connection.

If you have enabled another program to manage this wireless connection, use that software.

If you want Windows to configure this wireless connection, start the Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) service. For information about starting the WZC service, see article 871122 in the Microsoft Knowledge Base on the microsoft.com Web site."

What do I do guys??

Start>Run>services.msc then scroll down to the bottom and there should be Wireless Zero Configuration Service. Turn it on. If you are running Wireless that should work. If you are using an Ethernet cord you'll need to find the internet driver on the dell website and install it.

LastWolf...it worked! You're a genius! The internet acted a bit odd...it loaded quickly at times, and at others it didn't act at all like Cable internet. But it works and I'm happy!

Thanks!

I would use the program that was supplied by the drivers you installed. :roll:
Most likely a tray icon in the bottom. If not, WZC will suffice...

Back
Top Bottom