How do I add more memory to my computer

yeah it's not that hard. Just open the case and make sure that u have a free slot. There is no other way (exept with a hammer) that u can insert the ram into the computer, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find the right slot and put it in. Then also u will need ram that is compatible with the mobo.

Well, open up the PC, find an empty slot first. Then, take a look if your memory is SDRAM, DDR or DDR2. Then, buy the type and insert it. You will need some force.

But before we all go in it, how old's your computer?

mammikoura said:
I'd gues it's SDRAM since it's only a 128mb stick. (if even that much)

Good point - was going to say you were wrong but realise your logic makes sense :p

As Tommy said, go to www.crucial.com and follow the instructions.

Alternatively, if you live in the UK or Europe, I'm selling 128MB of SDRAM if thats the stuff you need - I'd be happy to post it to the US if its worth it for you - so give me a PM :)

prosser13 said:
Good point - was going to say you were wrong but realise your logic makes sense :p

Well I could have been wrong, it also could have been ddr, since I'm pretty sure that there are some ddr sticks with only 128mb, but mostly it's 256mb or more. But as joxley already proved, it's SDRAM.

well, if your upgrading memory so you can install XP like your other post, then you rhard drive is probably to small, because XP requires 1.5 gig of space and you have 1.7 gig, which barely leaves enough room for any other programs

Back
Top Bottom