how can i find out how much bandwidth i have

Haku Mioje

Daemon Poster
ok i like to download movies but theres been a few time (like 6 or more) that ive knocked the internet down due to bandwidth (or at least thats what im guessing)... is there a way to see how much im able to download in a certain period of time???

I think he means amount he can download
Not how fast.
I wouldn't know how to check that,
But to your disconnection, I think I do the same thing, my solution was to set a max speed my internet can download anything.
Before limiting speed, I would leave downloads overnight or during school and come home with no internet and have to reset my modem. :eek:
Although you would limit your speed, it would still ensure that you stay connected.

But to your disconnection, I think I do the same thing, my solution was to set a max speed my internet can download anything.
Before limiting speed, I would leave downloads overnight or during school and come home with no internet and have to reset my modem. :eek:
Although you would limit your speed, it would still ensure that you stay connected.
So a visit to speedtest.net is needed to find out how fast the connection is so he can limit it..

Well if he limited it, it would help
But he still wouldn't know how much he can download during a time period
If he ever comes back that is

im still here... on average i think i can download somewhere between 10-20GB in a certain time frame, i just cant figure out what that time frame is

What are area are you from?
I think it varies from ISP to ISP, in California Comcast does cap and Verizon does not (from what I know)

That is correct. Certain ISP's as of lately have started to create a "Bandwidth Cap" (comcast especially [250 gig/month] - and Roadrunner [not sure of max]). These companies have started to do this to prevent illegal use of their services. To really find out how much bandwidth you are allowed per month, give you ISP a call.

But your speeds shouldn't affect your connection at all... If you are running the max speed that your ISP allows and your internet cuts off... It is fully hardware on your end (either Modem or Router). Most times a restart of both will fix the job.

Back
Top Bottom