How can I convert .dmg to iso?

joxley1990

Golden Master
Ok, I have a load of .dmg files, is there a way to convert them to ISO, and then burn to disc?>

yeah, i think winrar could do it. are you using a mac? I had the same problem with those gay .dmg extensions. they make me mad

so Winrar didn't work????

Give this a go.....

I found this out a while ago when looking for info on reading .DMG files on Windows or Linux boxes. I found out it was not possible, and I wasn't too happy. You see, my iMac has no CD-R drive, just a CD-ROM. This tip creates ISO images from DMG images, so they can be burned elsewhere. To convert the file to an ISO image, type the following command at your terminal window:

hdiutil convert /path/to/filename.dmg -format UDTO -o /path/to/savefile.iso

Replace /path/to/filename.dmg with the path and name of the existing .DMG file, and replace /path/to/savefile.iso with the desired path and name for the converted image.

This then creates an ISO image burnable in Nero on Windows, or pretty much anything on Windows that will burn ISOs and same with Linux. I just converted a DMG image as a test, and it took a while -- it only converted at about 1MByte per secoond, but I only have a 333Mhz imac G3, so speed wise, it may be good.

that doesnt work, because its in mac format, dunt matter guys, i got the iso, after several painful days...

Back
Top Bottom