How to burn mostly .avi to achieve best video resolution?

w333zy1

Solid State Member
Hey everyone, quick question here i read in some other forums regarding my question most of them just gave lists of software, some were pretty expensive in my opinion but i want to find out for sure what would be the best.

I am trying to get some House episodes on DVD just using a regular DVD, around 4.7GB, I get about 10 episodes + Images and other features I include, I tried to use Nero 6 but the quality wasn't very impressive, so i used "convertXtoDVD" at a friends house and it looked better, but took longer since it was converting.

I tried to lower the speed, used the 16:9 ratio and didnt have anything running in the background that might bug with my burning.

I am just wondering how can i make the resolution better, I know you cant "boost" it because its not professional work and the .avi is of course not 720p, but it looks pretty good on my laptop, I know it wont look as good because my tv is 42" so the picture will stretch out a lil to fit the screen.

Just wanting your guys personal opinion and advice.

Thanks alot, i appreciate your generosity

Forgot to Add, my friend told me that most dvd's can read .AVI so there is no point to convert, he told me that reduces the quality even more was he correct?

Thanks again.

First important thing you need to realise is that avi is a container format for all manner of codecs, other than being a video it doesn't specify the codec or quality at all.

Depending on the original format it may be possible to upscale it - but think along the lines of not as many jagged edges rather than hi def quality. Best program I've seen for manipulating video like this is super c, might want to give it a try (does most things!)

Oh and lastly, ripping / dealing with video does just take a long time - that's something that's not going to get better unless you're willing to sacrifice quality! It took me a good few weeks to rip my dvd collection to my external hard drive in divx...

he told me that reduces the quality even more was he correct?
Yeah, every time you convert a video file to another format it will reduce the quality just a little bit each time so you want to try to convert it as few times or none if possible.

Back
Top Bottom