How big is yours?

I've got a 180 gig drive and an 80 gig drive installed. During the year, there have been times when I've had as little as 37 megs left - that right 37 Mb. I capture video, which is huge before compression.

posiview said:
How big is your hard drive memory and how much have you used?

Mine's 120 GB and I have used 13%.

As a matter of interest, what's the biggest memory available for a home computer?

Also, do you think that people's hard drives are just too big, that is, they are unlikely to ever reach 100% use?
Don't you mean "size in Gigabytes"?
Mine is 40 and i've used 50 %
160 gb is a joke.
:D

Eitherway; if I needed to back things up then I would buy another backup hard drive. I've already used up 60Gb before.[/QUOTE]
I before E except after C,
:rolleyes:
Thats a lot of stuff.Are you a member of kazza and screeners downloads by any chance ?
Windows normal suite of games,applications like MSOfice,high end graphics,etc.40 maybe? 60.
Why in The Lords name have you not got a DVD_RW.
:confused: :D

bluto said:
Eitherway; if I needed to back things up then I would buy another backup hard drive. I've already used up 60Gb before.
I before E except after C,
:rolleyes:
Thats a lot of stuff.Are you a member of kazza and screeners downloads by any chance ?
Windows normal suite of games,applications like MSOfice,high end graphics,etc.40 maybe? 60.
Why in The Lords name have you not got a DVD_RW.
:confused: :D[/QUOTE]
I don't know about you; but if I understood that properly you were saying that Either should be Iether? Don't kow how you do it in Canada!

Its mainly the DVD Movies I download (hence 1Mbps Broadband); which probably answers the other question? :D

Currently I am running dual 40GB in a RAID system for a total of 80GB. Current usage is ~50GB.

Biggest space hogs are Games (Unreal 2004 is 6GB by itself), music (I have ALL of my CDs on my computer. That way I can play them over my Tivo. It's great to have friends over, talk about a song and BOOM I am playing it within 5 seconds...now that's cool) and pictures (ever since the new software for Tivo came out my wife has our entire photographic life history in folders that we can view on our Tivo...another very cool item).

RAID is great. Especially when I get bigger drives because it has a instant copy utility that copies everything to the new drive with no mess.

David Lindon said:
Personaly, I can't see how anyone can fill a 50GB what ever they are using it for.
I had a 60 gig hard disk and i thought that was big, until i decided to upload some video from my digital video camera, and within a few minutes, it was full enough that the computer would just about crash no matter what i did.

Lord Kalthorn

How come you have such little memory for an pretty cool machine? The more memory the more efficient the machine is.

Its just how it comes from where I brought it. It will do me until the Longhorn Beta comes out at which point I'll probably put it up to 2Gb.

right now i a have a maxtor 60 gig hdd. i have about 20 gigs free right now. but it's been under 10. i decided to uninstall some stuff to make more room. i am selling my rig to my brother after i upgrade. i am thinking of going with an 80gig sata drive. maybe down the road i'll get a second one and do raid or something.

Back
Top Bottom