How big a part CPU plays?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hi,

As i have preiously posted, i am getting off a friend, a Geforce FX 5200 256mb. I know this card isnt the best on the market, but 1. Im getting it for free and 2. It is a lot better than my onboard 64mb.
Anyways, i am big a part the CPU plays in this. I am only running a Celeron 2.4ghz processor, and am wondering how much this effects the performance.

Thanks,

Matt

P.S. sorry about double post, stupid browser went all weird.

Well it will increase gaming performance because u had on-board but dont expect to run the new games cause u got a Celeron and those processors are not for gaming.

i recently had someone asked me this and they said that they had an 800MHz amd cpu and he was getting low fps in cs so i imeddiately blamed it on the graphics card and the ram so he upgraded them both and saw little difference so then he tried upgrading the cpu and saw a huge difference so yes the cpu does play a big role in gaming so u might want to think about getting a new one

Hi,

Thankyou for you answers. I am thinking about upgrading my CPU, but unfortunately they are the killers in price :(

Thanks,

Matt

I have a Intel 2.6ghz, and a Geforce 5200 FX 256mb, and I get like 10-40 fps on CS:S

That card SUCKS. But your not paying for it, but god does it still suck.

Back
Top Bottom