Hooking Computer to TV RCA 52' Projection TV

Spidah

Solid State Member
I have all the connections made properly and have extended my desktop to Monitor #2 And picture comes in but only black and white!!

I wonder about the colour if anyone knows anuthing please advise!

First off, you made this post like half an hour ago... you have to give threads time..

second off, what are you using to connect to your TV? S-Video? what video card do you have? do you have the latest drivers?

Ok Mike sorry for sounding short but I has posted one last week!1
Anyways i have an S-video /rca cable combo running from comp to TV/Surround sound!

I am really computer illiterate!!

I dont know about what kind of video card is therre a wat to find out?

And whats a driver?

To find out your video card just rigt clock on ur desktop...properties...and settings...and it should show the type of video card you have

your video card is alright, does your video card have an s-video port on the back of it? nvm, it should. maybe you're on the wrong source on your TV. make sure it's set to S-Video. I have a 52' TV as well, but no TVO on my card, so i cannot do it. upgrade your drivers. go to www.ati.com and click on drivers, and your card, then download the latest one. try that and hopefully it's a solution

Ok I went and downloaded and installed ati_5270_beta.exe but still having same problem of no colour on TV screen.

the problem is (most likely) in your S video - RCA conversion cable.

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-Video

Svideo carries two signals, colour and luminessance, one should be filtered from the other when transformed into composite, a cheap adapter will have cheap parts and not work properly.

Also, because the colour is encoded, it is encoded to a standard, you may find that you need to change the video settings between NTSC and Pal... (try hooking an NTSC only video to a PAL only TV, I have the same problem with my old (american) SNES and my new (PAL only ) TV...

Some devices are just not compatable though!
(I've seen this with an ATI card and an epson projector)

if it's a decent TV I'd assume that it has an S-video socket, and an RCA socket, I'd suggest either buying an S-video lead to connect your computer to TV,

if you have a RCA socket on the computer then use the RCA sockets on the TV...
and forget about the converter!

Back
Top Bottom