Hmm..

comawhite

BSOD
I bought a 256 MB 9200 Radeon Celestica video card. Is there any real big problem that this isn't authentic Radeon technology. It has a 3 year warranty.

What do you mean?

Any chance of a link to the card?

And if it says ATi in front of it, then no, as its an ATi card. What they do is licence out the selling of the cards to other firms, who then put their own packaging and stickers on them.

prosser13 said:
What do you mean?

Any chance of a link to the card?

And if it says ATi in front of it, then no, as its an ATi card. What they do is licence out the selling of the cards to other firms, who then put their own packaging and stickers on them.

Yeah, this is known as OEM (original equipment manufacturer). This is usually a better buy, but sometimes, it doesn't come with the cables and parts that buying retail would.

What are you on about? :p

I'm talking about how ATi sell their cards to major manufacturers who then brand them and sell them to retailers - such as GeCube and HIS, and for nVidia Leadtek and Gigabyte.

OEM is when you buy the card on its own, and is also done by these manufacturers.

prosser13 said:
What are you on about? :p

I'm talking about how ATi sell their cards to major manufacturers who then brand them and sell them to retailers - such as GeCube and HIS, and for nVidia Leadtek and Gigabyte.

OEM is when you buy the card on its own, and is also done by these manufacturers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_equipment_manufacturer

Please explain to me how my description and Wikipedia's description differ. No offense, but please enlighten me, maybe I don't understand fully:

jervin32189 said:
Yeah, this is known as OEM (original equipment manufacturer). This is usually a better buy, but sometimes, it doesn't come with the cables and parts that buying retail would.

Back
Top Bottom