High pitch noise from Fujitsu Lifebook E782

Aless

Solid State Member
I am experiencing a subtle but irritating high pitch noise from my laptop, Fujitsu Lifebook E782.

The noise is not that high in volume but is quite annoying, since it is on a high pitch and almost constant. It is mainly there when I am browsing the net.

I have had a guy from Fujitsu to come over, and he concluded that it was not the harddisk nor was it the fan. He then changed the motherboard, but that has not solved the problem either. He said he will get back to me, but I honestly don't think he can do anything.

So I wanted to know if anybody else has faced a similar problem and have any kind of solutions..?

I am experiencing a subtle but irritating high pitch noise from my laptop, Fujitsu Lifebook E782.

The noise is not that high in volume but is quite annoying, since it is on a high pitch and almost constant. It is mainly there when I am browsing the net.

I have had a guy from Fujitsu to come over, and he concluded that it was not the harddisk nor was it the fan. He then changed the motherboard, but that has not solved the problem either. He said he will get back to me, but I honestly don't think he can do anything.

So I wanted to know if anybody else has faced a similar problem and have any kind of solutions..?

Seems like your not the only one Aless

The laptop makes a high pitched noise just like the user before me stated. This high pitched noise is extremely irritating and it is hard to keep focus. Also the touchpad was very flaky for me, but I installed some different drivers and the problem seemed to go away

Thanks WildCat.
Yeah, I found that too. But still haven't really come across any solution - other than it might need a BIOS update. However, I haven't been able to figure out yet how to do that..!! Does anybody know?

what you need to do is find out what BIOS version you're running, then find a BIOS update for that particular laptop and that BIOS version. Just Google "how to flash the BIOS on a Fujitsu Lifebook E782" that should help some. or post here what BIOS version you have and I can find some info on flashing it for you. It kind of varies with what BIOS you have.

Hmmm
High pitched whine, huh?
Things to check:
Screen backlight inverter. CCFL backlit systems have these. Normally you don't hear them working.
Low quaility caps or one going bad. Cut corners and it bites you in the butt. I see a RMA in your future.
High freq transformers. A good designer avoids these like the plague.

I don't see how you guys and gals came up with a bios flash fixing something like this. A simple test would be to go in the power settings and come off high performance and go to balanced or low power.
Lower the screen backlight level. Does it go away then?
Listen for the whine. If reducing the power consumption the whine goes away it's a hardware problem and needs attention by the maker of the laptop.
A bios flash isn't going to cure that.
(My HP G7 other than the cooling fan is as quiet as a church mouse. I can hear dog whistles so any noise like that, for me, would drive me nuts.)

Last edited:
Hmmm
High pitched whine, huh?
Things to check:
Screen backlight inverter. CCFL backlit systems have these. Normally you don't hear them working.
Low quaility caps or one going bad. Cut corners and it bites you in the butt. I see a RMA in your future.
High freq transformers. A good designer avoids these like the plague.

I don't see how you guys and gals came up with a bios flash fixing something like this. A simple test would be to go in the power settings and come off high performance and go to balanced or low power.
Listen for the whine. If reducing the power consumption the whine goes away it's a hardware problem and needs attention by the maker of the laptop.
A bios flash isn't going to cure that.
(My HP G7 other than the cooling fan is as quiet as a church mouse. I can hear dog whistles so any noise like that, for me, would drive me nuts.)

I can honestly say that I did not know why it was whining. I saw that the person wanted to upgrade the BIOS thinking it would solve the problem. So I was giving advice. :whistling:

Thanks for your answers.
The thing about the BIOS update was what I could find about it when searching for a solution of this problem. However, I don't think it is it thoug, but then again I can't see the harm in trying this solution.

setishock, I tried the things you mentioned and it uforntunately did not help the problem. I also think that I will eventually need to return it - I am however trying to find solutions in case they don't take my PC back!!

So about the BIOS update. I have found several drivers for BIOS on Fujitsu's homepage, but don't know which one to install. How do I find out which one to install, and how do I find out which BIOS version I am using..?

Might be stupid questions, but this is not exactly my strong side, as they say! :peace: :lol:

To find BIOS version, turn off the computer and go into the BIOS. In the main section, it will say BIOS Version, or something similar. You can also do it in windows but I don't remember how and I think it differs from OS Version to OS Version, anyways. Then go on and download the right upgrade. Get back to me once you do that. I am trying to remember how to do it. I haven't done it on my current computer, did it on my last one so it's been at least a year and a half.

Back
Top Bottom