Hi ( new here)

yxdguy

Solid State Member
Hello Well this is new to me I looking at getting a new laptop regular use and do want it for gaming. Any idea's what a person or brand I should be going towards. So far I have looked at a toshba & hp any comments on these or any models I should look at or any other brands.

Want something if possile I can expand abit if required down the line.
Well any help that would be great.

Sorry if I am in the wrong area have not searched the site alot yet

Hello and welcome to CF!

I do recommend Toshiba and HP. Acer and Asus are also good for notebooks. A tip is to get something that has a good processor because they are the most difficult to upgrade. Some HP notebooks are expandable up to 8gb. So if you buy a 4gb or 2gb RAM in a latop, you can add on extra ram to it (up to 8gb) in the future.

Hello and welcome to CF!

I do recommend Toshiba and HP. Acer and Asus are also good for notebooks. A tip is to get something that has a good processor because they are the most difficult to upgrade. Some HP notebooks are expandable up to 8gb. So if you buy a 4gb or 2gb RAM in a latop, you can add on extra ram to it (up to 8gb) in the future.

I have the laptop noted in my sig, i picked it up right after xmas for 800. its expandable to 8GB ram, has a 2.2GHz(I believe) AMD Dual core (TL-82), dedicated graphics (granted only 128MB i think but its better than nothing), and I personally think it works great. Vista rating on mine is 3.8, which isnt too bad for a laptop, lowest is obviously gaming graphics but whatever...it play WoW occasionally and I get ~40FPS or med settings...thats the only gaming judge I have on that...

I can try and get a 3dMark06 score if you want...but it may take a day or 2...

I have the laptop noted in my sig, i picked it up right after xmas for 800. its expandable to 8GB ram, has a 2.2GHz(I believe) AMD Dual core (TL-82), dedicated graphics (granted only 128MB i think but its better than nothing), and I personally think it works great. Vista rating on mine is 3.8, which isnt too bad for a laptop, lowest is obviously gaming graphics but whatever...it play WoW occasionally and I get ~40FPS or med settings...thats the only gaming judge I have on that...

I can try and get a 3dMark06 score if you want...but it may take a day or 2...

Yeah, that's a pretty good laptop. 128mb is good for a laptop. 512mb will be good too if you want to spend a bit more. 2.2ghz is good too. (you want atleast 2.0 or 2.2 if your a gamer)

RAM isn't a big of a deal, as long as it's expandable. (more RAM also means more battery!)

If you want to game i would'nt recommend a laptop and especially not a brand name i would get it built so you know whats in it.

If you want to game i would'nt recommend a laptop and especially not a brand name i would get it built so you know whats in it.

You can't go wrong with buying a brand name laptop like a HP. It would be a pain building a laptop...

And a laptop wouldn't be the primary PC for gaming, but trust me, a good laptop can game just as good as a PC can.

You can't go wrong with buying a brand name laptop like a HP. It would be a pain building a laptop...

And a laptop wouldn't be the primary PC for gaming, but trust me, a good laptop can game just as good as a PC can.

I did'nt say to build a laptop, i meant to say build a desktop because you can get bigger chipsets and its easily upgradible.

I did'nt say to build a laptop, i meant to say build a desktop because you can get bigger chipsets and its easily upgradible.

Oh.

Well, the OP didn't ask for a desktop though, he has his reasons which are personal and if he asks for a laptop then he'll get it.

Oh.

Well, the OP didn't ask for a desktop though, he has his reasons which are personal and if he asks for a laptop then he'll get it.

Well thats cool then, it was just a suggestion. In that case i would go for hp, they are the best for brands.

Back
Top Bottom