helpp plezzz

esa193

Fully Optimized
ok i need to update my graphic card desperatly but idk if its pci express apg i think
or w/e its called cuz its an older computer
its got a prentium 3 and 512 ram
so is there an online scan that can tell me what im running

download cpu-z and find out what type of motherboard you have and google it.

an easier way is to just open up your case and have a gander inside.

Ronco Rox said:
download cpu-z and find out what type of motherboard you have and google it.

an easier way is to just open up your case and have a gander inside.

is there a scan tho that cna just tell me quickly

ok i have a pentium 3 cpu
and a i810E chipset
what kid of grpahic card do i support?

Look inside your computer, you should see a few slots on you mobo, PCI slots are white, AGP slot is brown, if you do have an AGP slot chances are it a 2x or 4x slot so you'll have to take that into consideration when purchasing a video card as a 8x card will not work. To find out you'll really need the model # of your motherboard, it should be printed somewhere on it. google the make and model, go to the company who makes it's web site and they should have the specs listed there

the easiest way for you to do this is just open up the case like we said before.

as mrfrostbutter said about the motherboard model number, you can find that in cpu-z thats why i told you to download it.

EDIT: ...sorry. forgot that the i810E chipset is probably used in more than 1 mobo. probably not the right one then. I'd suggest what everyone else is about opening up your computer. You're gonna have to do it anyway to replace it. But if you do open it up, and find out that there are white PCI slots, you can read on.

According to PCstats.com,

PCstats.com said:
WS133 i810E Motherboard Review:

- 6 PCI / 0 ISA / 0 AGP / 1 AMR slots

If that's the right motherboard, looks like you need a PCI card. That's kinda bad, since PCI was, for the most part, replaced by PCI-E.

I think that your best bet would be a Radeon X1300 PCI. I noticed it just today on Newegg, so I don't really know too much about it. Looks to be decent, but I don't know too much about many PCI cards. You should notice a performance difference from whatever you're upgrading from, but I can't guarantee that it will run many ganes maxed out graphically. It looks to be better than the FX5200 PCI though. The X1300's got Pixel Shader 3.0, whereas the FX5200 has 2.0a. It's also got good (for PCI standards) clock speeds: 450MHz Core and 533MHz Memory, with 4 fragment pipelines and 128-bit memory. If you want, you can look for yourself and try to find a PCI card, but there's not really much out there. All the high-profile cards are made for PCI-E.

Hope this helps a little.

Back
Top Bottom