Helping My friend

nickbuddy1111

In Runtime
ok im helping my friend buy a computer and i need to make sure all this works for him... please tell me if this all works (its from newegg)

ITEM

CASE == A-Top XBlade Black/Silver Ultimate Gaming Machine With 450W
PRICE = $58.00

CARD == (two)EVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Video Card, 128MB GDDR3, 128-Bit, DVI/TV-Out, PCI-Express
Price = $360.00

Board = ASUS "A8N-SLI Deluxe" nForce4 SLI Chipset
Price = $200.00

CPU == AMD Socket 939 Athlon 64 4000+, 2.4 GHz
Price = $600.00

HDD == Western Digital 120GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive
Price =$111.00

Drice =NEC 16X Double Layer DVD±RW
Price =$60.00

RAM ==Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series
Price =$240.00

what speed of ram is it, there are a lot of types of XMS, post the ram specs not just the brand plz.

NIO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO stay away from the ASUS ALI boards, they screw up alot when two cards are inserted, they also tend to lock up, freeze, stutter for a few seconds, and are not very stable. if your friend is looking into SLI tell him to get the:

NEO 4 Platinum mobo. that board owns and comes with a 7.1 sound blaster live chip already on the mobo. none of this AC'97 crap.

oh btw the 4000+ is nice but if hes thining about gaming which im pretty sure he is considering the SLI. go with the FX-55 AMD chip, the multiplier isnt locked therefore it can o/c amazingly high. although to have it not locked AMD also charges a bit more for it. Dunno how much though

non non on non on non non non non non on non non

# pc magazines i read said that the ASUS was the best SLI...the are stable and OC best and give best preformance....money, you cant touch meon this one. :)

ok then why do half the reviews i read and forums i go to talk about teh A8N-SLI mobo being unstable and not working properly?. i know most of you dont like him but ZEN already put up links and told you why the ASUS boards are shit. LIZ likes ASUS but she says that they suck at their SLI boards. i dont want to touch you on this one or that one or the one in between sry i dont swing that way my man

Yip, i'm with jack on this one, but the integrated Creative 24bit sound is tempting. When I last went to build a A64 system, I couldn't decide between this Board or the Asus one.
Have a look here-
http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20050103/index.html

It's a couple of months old, but a very indepth guide to the still top notch Skt 939 Mobos.

Personally I haven't ever had a problem with Asus board, but to be honest the only board I've ever had trouble with was a ECS one (Even that on the dodgy KT400 Chipset), before they were using 6 layer manufacturing. Then again, I've never used every Asus board.

pff if zen wasnt banned he could prove you wrong. but since he is and i have no idea what site to go to to find the information i wnot argue with you

Back
Top Bottom